devfsadm equivalent(sol) command in linux os

Operating Systems Linux devfsadm equivalent(sol) command in linux os
# 1  
Old 07-11-2008
devfsadm equivalent(sol) command in linux os

Hi frnds,

what is the devfsadm(solaris) equivalent command in linux os?

Thanks in Adv.
Arjun Reddy.
# 2  
Old 07-11-2008
for this is a linux question the thread is moved to the linux forum...

for your question have a look here:
Rosetta Stone for Unix
# 3  
Old 07-16-2008
devfsadm is load the driver into kernel online (without rebooting) for the already installed and seen device by solaris.
For e.g. devfsadm -C tape
tape is a class that defines a device file and the major:minor associated with it.

In Linux it's insmod
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Banner command equivalent in Linux

Hi guys can i get banner equivalent command in linux. I am using Linux xcclx0619.target.com 2.6.18-308.11.1.el5xen #1 SMP Fri Jun 15 16:19:17 EDT 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohanalakshmi
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pfiles command equivalent in Linux

May i know what is the equivalent tool in linux for pflies in solaris. ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX and HP-UX equivalent of Linux stat command

To list file permission/access right in octal format, linux has a command 'stat'. For example, we can use the followin - stat -c %a `find . -type f Is there any equivalent command in AIX and HP-UX to give the same result as linux 'stat' command? Please advice. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: atanubanerji
3 Replies

4. Solaris

JASS - upgrading from Sol 9 to Sol 10

Do I need to reinstall/rerun JASS after upgrading from Sol9 to Sol10? Just wondered if the upgrade procedure overwrote any of the settings etc? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

luupgrade: Sol 8 -> Sol 10 u7 (5/09)

Greetings Forumers! I ran into an issue after running luupgrade on v880 running Solaris 8. I want to upgrade to Solaris 10. When I rebooted the system I noticed the file systems listed as such: # df -h Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/dsk/c1t1d0s0 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluescreen
2 Replies

6. Linux

Linux equivalent for...

I moved to a Linux system from Windows a few months ago. Most of the programs I had been using were already native to Linux (Firefox, the GIMP, Pari, etc.) and most others I found a close enough program (Crimson Editor -> gedit, Visual Studio -> KDevelop, Primo -> Morain's ECPP). Now I'm down... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: CRGreathouse
1 Replies

7. Solaris

solaris equivalent to the linux screen command

hi there is there a solaris equivalent to the linux screen command? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: milhan
1 Replies

8. Solaris

T2000 - devfsadm problem

Hi everyone, I am having a problem when running devfsadm. We have many T2000, but on one of them, that is connected to our SAN, devfsadm reports no new disks. If a reconfiguration reboot is done, the system reports the new disk. But only with a reboot. We have Solaris10 installed and Veritas... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: jfotop
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Equivalent Suse Linux command

hi, In solaris, psrinfo gives number of cpu in use/online and so on. What is the equivalent command for "psrinfo" in Suse Linux ? Thx (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: braindrain
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Dual boot x86 Sol 10, and Linux

I've loaded sol 10, and I left 20 Gig of 70 free, I can't seem to find a straight forward proc. for loading the Linux RH. Does anyone have one, or can they point me to one ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdel80
0 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question