UNIX command for checking active Fibre Channels

Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers UNIX command for checking active Fibre Channels
# 1  
Old 12-31-2007
UNIX command for checking active Fibre Channels

Can someone advise what the UNIX command for checking active Fibre Channels is?

I have used lcdev and this gives me a nice list of cards available to our box. The particular Fibre Channel I'm interested in is fcs6. This is showing as Available...if that is the case does this also mean that it is up , running and available for work .. so to speak.

Scenario is:

We had a failed backup to TSM over the weekend. The error suggested a failed Fibre Channel card (fcs6). So we took this was taken offline by the AIX / TSM support guys (not sure which one did it), backup was re-run successfully. Then last night it failed with the same error.
What I'm trying to establish is if this card was re-activated somewhere between the successful completion of the backup and the start of the next one.

any idea's help?

Cheers D
# 2  
Old 12-31-2007
what does
Code:
lsattr -El fcs6
lsattr -El fscsi6

show? Are there only tape drives on this path or disks also?

are there any hardware errors logged in the error log?

check

Code:
errpt -N fcs6

if so, has a successful wrap plug test been completed?

Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking integrity copied from remote server using UNIX command

I am getting a file (abc.txt) using scp from remote server. scp <connect string> -i $HOME/.ssh/id_dsa rem_id@hostname:/var/prod/abc.txt /var/prod/abc.out Before loading I need to check if the file is indeed same , for that I thought of checking the line count but when I used ssh command it was... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lalitpct
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX command for checking the cron job failures?

Hi- I need to set a mail trap for checking the cron job filures in a server. I have many cron jobs running in our server. What unix command will identify the failed cron jobs? Your thoughts please!!!!! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChandruBala73
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Checking missing data's sequence (shell script | UNIX command)

Dear All members, i have some trouble here, i want to ask your help. The case is: I have some data, it's like: -ABCD1234 -ABCD1235 -ABCD1237 -BCDE1111 -BCDE1112 -BCDE1114 there is some missing data's sequence (the format is: ABCD = name 1234 = sequence). I want to print the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: septian.tri
2 Replies

4. Solaris

active directory equivalent for unix

At the moment we are integrating LDAP in our environment. Compared to Windows this process is much complicated and time consuming. With Windows you had Active Directory and if you create a new server, you just add it to the domain and your finished. Yes, I know Unix is not Windows. Are there... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: misterx12345
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

keep mail command active inside a script on unix

well, I have a script with this code inside: nohup /usr/sbin/auditstream | /usr/sbin/auditselect -m -e "event== USER_Create || event== USER_Remove || event== USER_Change || event== GROUP_Create || event== GROUP_Remove || event== GROUP_Change || event== PASSWORD_Change " | /usr/sbin/auditpr -h... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: iga3725
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Integrating unix with Active Directory

Hey guys. Maybe this should go in Security, I'm not sure... At my work we make websites. Our development servers for these websites are run on a central Debian linux server which we can SSH into, which also contains all the files for these websites. These files are served to the entire... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nottrobin
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get active connections in Unix

Hi All, I have to find out how many active connections with other machines are there,then list the remote machine IP address and type of connection. When u say type of connection what does it means TCP,UDP ram. then what is UNIX active connection Please let me know as soon as possible. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jatin.jain
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Active Directory and UNIX

Hello - I have a very vague question, which will probably result in vague answers because I don't have a lot of detailed information and I don't know a whole lot about active directory. Our Windows/NT admin has been rolling out Active Directory over the past several weeks and as time goes on,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rm -r *
1 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

unix and active directory

Hi Does anybody know the steps and requirements of the installation process of Windows Active Directory using Unix/Linux Bind DNS. I will appreciate if somebody gives the answer. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Darwin Rodrigue
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question