Alternative ApplicationSwitchers and Toolbars

Operating Systems Linux Alternative ApplicationSwitchers and Toolbars
# 1  
Old 04-05-2004
Alternative ApplicationSwitchers and Toolbars

I have a very non-technical question for all you cats out there.

I'm using Redhat 9 and Gnome. I'd like a better Taskbar/Toolbar/Application launcher applet or something. I'm having a hard time finding the alternative to the default one in Redhat 9/Gnome. I'm looking for something similar to the MacOS Application "DragThing".

Does anyone have some suggestions?

Thanks Smilie
# 2  
Old 04-05-2004
for gnome i dunno. but kde's kicker is a really good tool. and also for kde theres karamba.
# 3  
Old 04-06-2004
I have asked my friend. Is bonobo what you are looking for?

http://developer.gnome.org/arch/component/bonobo.html
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looking for an alternative to Tcl

I've created quite a collection of tcl scripts which have buttons, radio buttons, check boxes, text fields, etc. These tcl scripts in turn call and execute several hundred sh, csh, bash, perl scripts and pass in the args based on the gui selections on the same and other redhat machines. We're... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: scottwevans
4 Replies

2. Solaris

vi alternative

Is there any other editor, installed by 'default' in Sparc Solaris10, besides vi? I'd like to avoid installing anything new. If not, how to make vi more user-friendly? thanks. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: orange47
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Alternative for wc -l

Hi techies .. This is my first posting hr .. Am facing a serious performance problem in counting the number of lines in the file. The input files i get will be in some 10 to 15 Gb of size or even sometimes more ..and I will load it to db I have used wc -l to confirm whether the loader... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajesh_2383
14 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using seq (Or alternative)

I usually just browse the forum/google for answers, however I've been stuck on a problem for a number of hours now and I've decided to join up and actually ask I've searched the forum ad naseum in an attempt to find answer to my query, however so far I have been unsuccessful. I'm no expert... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gtc
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Alternative to grep

How to find a particular line in a file without using grep? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Alternative for Cron

Hi... I want to know whether if there is any alternative for cron.:confused: I had written a script which checks for all system/application processes every 15 min(placed in cron though). But looks funny - what if cron daemon isn't running!! and expecting that script to update the OUTPUT FILE... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: reddybs
5 Replies

7. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Launching Firefox (2.0) with No Toolbars + URL?

I'm using Firefox 2.x on Gentoo Linux 2008. I am going to be making a change here at work so that I no longer use a mail client, but use our web mail system. It may not be ideal compared to running Thunderbird, but I need to learn the web app enough to train users on more advanced features. The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with while loop or any other alternative?

i=1 while do mm=02 dd=03 yy=2008 echo "$mm$dd$yy" i=$(( i+1)) echo "$i" done whenever i execute the script above i will get the error below: syntax error at line 30: `i=$' unexpected (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: filthymonk
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

getopts alternative?

I have to implement switches (options) like this in my script. ./myscript -help ./myscript -dir /home/krish -all ./myscript -all getopts allows switches to have one character (like a, b, etc.). How can I customize it for handling the above situation? Or, is there any alternative to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishmaths
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

loop alternative?

I have a 1-column file with random numbers. this script runs to subtract 1 to the number and written to a file. With over 10,000 lines, it takes >2 minutes to complete the loop operation. is there an alternative awk/sed for looping to reduce the wait? Thanks! #!/bin/ksh for N in `cat... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: apalex
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question