printer problem

Operating Systems HP-UX printer problem
# 1  
Old 01-08-2002
PHP printer problem

Hi..
i am using HP UX 11.00.. and i amtrying to connect a network printer to the server and creat a print queue using HP JetDirect utility.I down loaded the Hp11e118.SD driver for Hp jetdirect and trying to install it using swinstall -s /tmp/Hp11e118.SD

It was installed first time but eror mesage came that spooler is still not running on the server.and it won't start even after configuring the queue......so i uninstalled and reinstalled again but the same eror came........

But when for the third time i tried to install Hp11e118.SD
it is giving a error..like
omantel:/tmp/HP11e118.SD:You don't have the required permission to perform this operation.Check permision using the swacl command or se your system administrator for assistance,or to manage application designed and packaged for nonprivileged mode se the "run as super user option on the sd man page.

I could not fine out any solution ..I tried swacl -l root it is showing all the permissions...

please suggest..

praful
# 2  
Old 01-14-2002
Try restarting the swagentd daemon.
# 3  
Old 01-15-2002
Thanks PXt

It worked out....

swagentd was not running as there was problem in DNS configuration and hostname info it was not getting.

thankx again
Praful
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

problem with network printer

Install a network printer and I can only print with root login. When I use another login creates the request and will not print and soon disappears. please what should I do? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Edgar Guevara
5 Replies

2. AIX

Problem with Queue of the Printer

Guy's This is the Queue of the printer ... >lpstat -pTOPPRINTER Queue Dev Status Job Files User PP % Blks Cp Rnk ------- ----- --------- --- ------------------ ---------- ---- -- ----- --- --- TOPPRIN @TOPP DOWN QUEUED ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ITHelper
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Printer problem

1. when i am giving the unknown printer the lp command, i am getting the below error. Is there any way suppress the error? MY input lp -d ppp aa.prn Output Status Information, attempt 2 of 3: sending job 'kganeshb@its04489+209' to klsdfa@localhost connecting to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kingganesh04
1 Replies

4. SuSE

Printer problem

1. When i am giving unknown printer in the lp command, I am facing the below error. Is there any way to avoid the error? lp -dadfsd adf.prn ganeshb@its04489:~ $ lp -d adl -s pea_error1.txt status Information, attempt 1 of 3: sending job 'kganeshb@its04489+83' to adl@localhost... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingganesh04
0 Replies

5. SCO

hp8150 printer problem

we just installed a 2000 sheet tray on an HP 8150 printer.(it is referred to by HP as tray 4). We need Unix to print to this tray by default. We can enter a printer code but there are too many reports using the defalut printer to make that a practical solution. When printing from Windows using... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yrr88
2 Replies

6. AIX

AIX Printer problem

Hi, Has anyone encountered the error below. I have tried to startup the printer but the error keep showing up. Please help. Thanks. Queue Dev Status Job Files User PP % Blks Cp Rnk ------- ----- --------- --- ------------------ ---------- ---- -- ----- --- ---... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sodapop
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

printer problem - 10.48.2.24 is NOT an acceptable name

HP-UX 10.20 with an HP LaserJet P2015dn. I've connected and configured the P2015 using its internal nic on our Win 2003 Server network. When trying to add it to UNIX thru sam, network based printer plotter --> add printer/plotter connected to hp jetdirect --> add printer to local spooler, I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mtedeschi
3 Replies

8. AIX

network printer problem

I have AIX 5.3 OS. After issuing the print command, the printer state immediately goes down. I have checked the /etc/qconfig flle, resatrted the qdaemon but again same problem is occuring. I am using HP 5100 connected to jetdirect. what is the problem and it's solution? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashantchavan
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Network Printer Problem

I am using network printer through ip address. when you check with lpstat it says, "Waiting for <printer name> to come up. other network printers working. this also work before. but now not working. scheduler & accept print jobs working. wht could be the problem (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajantha
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

impact printer problem

We are trying to setup an impact printer - Tally t2030 on our unix server digital unix 4.0D. It skips half the first page of every print both from our application and the unix level. It starts the 2nd half of the page at the top of the 2nd physical paper in the printer. The printer uses... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MizzGail
4 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question