NFS services

Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users NFS services
# 1  
Old 10-03-2007
Question NFS services

What are all the services/daemons we use in NFS configuration?
I know that nfs,portmap,nfslock the the services we use.But I am not sure that which service wil do what job? Is there any other services running for NFS?

What services are running on server side and what services are running in client side?

help requested.
# 2  
Old 10-03-2007
what all services to be run on NFS server and what all services tobe run on client side?
# 3  
Old 10-03-2007
more info

For those who *may* be able to help you I think you need to provide info about what you are trying to achieve. What is your requirement?
# 4  
Old 10-03-2007
I want to know the detail information about the services which we use in NFS.
# 5  
Old 10-05-2007
doc SUN Solve

Please use this link:

NFS Administration Guide

I hope this can help you!
Best regards joerg
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

NFS write error on host xyz: Stale NFS file handle - Solaris 10

Oct 13 12:19:15 xyz nfs: NFS write error on host xyz: Stale NFS file handle. Oct 13 12:19:15 xyz nfs: (file handle: 68000000 1bc5492e 20000000 377c5e 1ce9395c 720a6203 40000000 bdfb0400) Oct 13 12:19:15 xyz nfs: NFS write error on host zyz: Stale NFS file handle. Oct 13 12:19:15 xyz nfs: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mount NFS Share On NFS Client via bash script.

I need a help of good people with effective bash script to mount nfs shared, By the way I did the searches, since i haven't found that someone wrote a script like this in the past, I'm sure it will serve more people. The scenario as follow: An NFS Client with Daily CRON , running bash script... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Brian.t
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Start services based on dependent services on other AIX machine

Hi, I just started working on a script. After my research, i found a command which can help me: AIM: To build a script which starts the services (Services 1) on server 1 automatically whenever its down. And it has a dependency on other service (Service 2) on Server 2. So my script has to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: draghun9
4 Replies

4. Red Hat

Restart of services if port no is changed in /etc/services in RHEL

I had a doubt if any services need to be restarted if port no in /etc/services in an RHEL setup is changed. For eg, the port no of 443 for SSL may need to be changed. I hope my query is clear whether any services need to be restarted if port no in /etc/services is changed. Please revert with... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
10 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 9 as a nfs client -- centos as a nfs server.

Hello, I have a centos as nfs server, its name is centos_A. After I finish the setup of the nfs server, the other linux can access this nfs server immediately via /net/centos_A/* But, My solaris 9 can not access /net/centos_A/* immediately. I have to leave /net/centos_A, and wait for about... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bruceharbin
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Hi all in my server all nfs dependices are online but nfs client is offline root@BIWAPP1 # svcs -a|grep nfs disabled Sep_05 svc:/network/nfs/server:default online Sep_05 svc:/network/nfs/rquota:default online Sep_05 svc:/network/nfs/mapid:default online ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: spandhan
9 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Terminal Services access to NFS

Hi, I am currently looking into a issue that has me scratching my head somewhat. Users from our branch down south use terminal services to work on within there windows desktop. The user used to be able to access NFS via her terminal services screen rather than reverting back to her windows... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wiggy332
1 Replies

8. Solaris

NFS write error on host : Stale NFS file handle

:confused:Hi all When i see in the /var/adm/messages, i saw the following error unix: NFS write error on host : Stale NFS file handle. unix: (file handle: 45ca415 3e7 a0000 2c7f6 3ebfc25f a0000 2 3e49) It is using sunOS 5.7. Is anybody know what is this error? Is is related to any network... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AirWalker83
2 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

nfs/nis - microsoft services for UNIX adminstration

hello, I am using "microsoft services for UNIX adminstration" as an nfs/nis client in order to connect to a remote NFS folder with NIS authentication nfs mount seems to fail on the authentication stage. I get the login box from the client, but any (NIS mapped) loging seems to reject me.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ynoatan99
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question