IDE for C programs on AIX

Operating Systems AIX IDE for C programs on AIX
# 1  
Old 07-11-2014
IDE for C programs on AIX

Hi,

I need an IDE for my C application based on AIX 5.3
is there any IDE that I could use directly in AIX or I have to use X window server to visualise it on windows?

Thanks in advance
Hasnaa
# 2  
Old 07-11-2014
I don't know if IBM's xlC-compiler brings a IDE, but you could use Eclipse C/C++ dev suite for this. I bet there is some way to integrate the C-Compiler on the AIX box.
This User Gave Thanks to zaxxon For This Post:
# 3  
Old 07-11-2014
Hi zaxxon and thanks for your replay
Is Eclpise C/C++ dev suit could be installed on AIX or I have to install it on windows and access to my C file on AIX? if so please let me know how to proceed
Thanks in advance
# 4  
Old 07-11-2014
I googled for you and found the Eclipse for AIX project, but the latest package is from 2008:
Eclipse Project

No clue if this works on a modern install.

I would recommend to do a local install of Eclipse on your workstation/PC and have the files being edited there. Then when something is compiled, move it with scp or something to the AIX box and try it out.

Also found this old site:
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/c...aix?lang=en_us
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between inbuilt suid programs and user defined root suid programs under bash shell?

Hey guys, Suppose i run passwd via bash shell. It is a suid program, which temporarily runs as root(owner) and modifies the user entries. However, when i write a C file and give 4755 permission and root ownership to the 'a.out' file , it doesn't run as root in bash shell. I verified this by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: syncmaster
2 Replies

2. AIX

Windows IDE for AIX application

I'm working on a C application based on AIX 5.3 using VI as an editor I need a windows IDE (open source or commercial) that can help me: modify the source code more easily compile as if I'm under AIX manage multiuser access and synchronization I found out about Rational Developer for AIX... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SteAlma
0 Replies

3. AIX

Installing programs on AIX

G'day all. Thanks to everyone for helping me getting my h50 rs/6000 server going Now i need just a bit more help. Can anyone tell me how i install other software using remote console? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ADS2459
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Are programs like sys_open( ) ,sys_read( ) et al examples of system level programs ?

Are the programs written on schedulers ,thread library , process management, memory management, et al called systems programs ? How are they different from the programs that implement functions like open() , printf() , scanf() , read() .. they have a prefix sys_open, sys_close, sys_read etc , right... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vishwamitra
1 Replies

5. Programming

C++ ide

Hi, I'm using command line for editing(vi), building(make), debugging(gdb) applications written in C++ . To which IDE it is easyest/fastest to move such command-line project. Seems that SlickEdit requires to do mass of settings to create its own project. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mitan_shahverdy
6 Replies

6. Linux

Any IDE's for Linux??

I know we are supposed to be using UNIX as a collection of tools but are there any big applications where I can run/test C programs without exposing the poor things to the outside world? :D (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: treedroppings
3 Replies

7. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

shift hard disk from primary IDE channel to secondary IDE channal

Wellcomes All, some times ago I 've installed a Debian ditribution on an Hard Disk who was set as Primary Master. Few days ago, I 've decided to install another Hard Disk with a different Operating System. When I did that, I turned off the old hard disk, and I mouted the new one on the Primary IDE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thekarsillo
1 Replies

8. Programming

C/C++ IDE for FreeBSD

Hi folks I'm looking for a easy-to-use C/C++ IDE to develop application for X-windows on FreeBSD (window manager is OpenBox, and I don't have KDE/Gnome installed)! Is there a good programming IDE for this?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tos
1 Replies

9. Programming

Good IDE for C++ on RS6000/AIX

I am looking for the above Can anyone point me to a reliable product, with available support in the forseeable future ? Seeker (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Seeker
0 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question