Code:
jam:*:LK*:........

user is locked ... and i trying to unlock using
Code:
#passwd -u jam..

it showing
Code:
illegal option --u

plz help me anyone face this issue before ....

Last edited by radoulov; 04-09-2012 at 08:51 AM.. Reason: Code tags!
# 2  
Old 04-09-2012
try
Code:
#pwconv
#passwd jam

Last edited by radoulov; 04-09-2012 at 08:51 AM.. Reason: Code tags!
# 3  
Old 04-10-2012
Hi ayman..
i tried #pwconv
there is no luck ... still it showing cant get default domain : internal yp server or client error
# 4  
Old 04-10-2012
What says:
Code:
grep "^passwd:" /etc/nsswitch.conf

?
# 5  
Old 04-11-2012
i solved ..
it is on NIS
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to set user password to never expire in UNIX servers

Hi, I have a requirement where in i need to write a shell script to set users password to never expire. I know the command which is used to perform the same .. which is chage command. But, could not figure out how to do the same in shell script. Could you please help me with the shell... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suren424
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need one line command to create and set password for new user...

Using useradd abc --password password (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jagruti Rml
5 Replies

3. Solaris

Not able to set password

I have a Solaris-10 non global zone, on which I am not able to reset password, while counts are matching in /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow. I tried searching its solution in various forums, but nothing is working # id -a oemagent uid=56605(oemagent) gid=56595(tess) groups=56595(tess) # passwd -s... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to set password in HP-UX 11.31

Hi, I am unable to set the password remotely. I am using the script as below: ep=`echo "$p" | /usr/lbin/makekey` ssh -t $i "/usr/local/bin/sudo useradd -c "$user_c" -m -d /home/$user_id -s /bin/ksh $user_id; /usr/local/bin/sudo /usr/sam/lbin/usermod.sam -F -p $ep $user_id" The... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kits
0 Replies

5. Programming

Set password of a user in phpmyadmin

I have a mysql database on the server where I have root access also to phpmyadmin. I have such a database 1, which is a table users where a user named admin. How shall be observed as the password for this user? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mumie
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

set password not to expire

Hi All, Is this true on chage command? -M, MAX_DAYS Passing the number -1 as MAX_DAYS will remove checking a password's validity. Does this means password will not expire anymore? Thanks for any comment you may add. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Not able to (re)set the Password

I have installed Solaris 10 x86 in VMware 5.5.I logged in as root user and trying to create new user and also reset the password for existing user, i am getting "Permission Denied Error". I checked the /etc/shadow file, looks fine permission is 400. Earlier i was able to do it but suddenly it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: khagendra
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

password verification verify password of a user for only first 8 characters

Helo , I m using linux pam library for user and its password authentication. I m creating new user and giving its password.I m giving password of 10 characters.now when I login in as that newly created user its ask me $ su - ram Password: You are required to change your password immediately... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
12 Replies

9. Solaris

Set Password Never Expire

Hello I want to set the password for user never expire through the command line. For your information the box is running under Solaris 8 platform. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shamsul
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question