# 3  
Old 02-17-2010
Command to check the availability of server and service
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking to see if windows service is running

Hi I have created a PowerShell script which successfully checks whether windows service pgsql-9.2 is running. I have tried to call that PowerShell script with a shell/bash script within a LINUX machine but have been unsuccessful. Is there a way of a shell/Perl script to check whether a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: simpsa27
5 Replies

2. Solaris

Checking if service is running

Hi, For audit reasons, I need to stop the web server service in some Solaris servers. The port that is listening for this service is port 10000. This is the output that shows the port 10000 is open in the server : # netstat -an | grep 10000 10.70.21.144.10000 10.70.21.133.58130 49640... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Service checking through shell script

I want to check the postgres service for client PC which is remotely placed through shell script , whether the Postgres service is working or not.I don't have an idea to develop this script.Please give me a code. Client PC IP Address: 10.66.1.133 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kannansoft1985
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking SQL DB Availability

Hello everybody. I have a little question. Im creating a script for checking the status of different servers, and everything is running fine except for one thing. I have to check if certain DBs are connectables, I dont care anything else, nor running querys nor updating tables, the only thing I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SeaSoul
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script should keep checking for availability of files.

Hi, I want my script to check for availability of few files contineously for some time. Lets say from 10:00 AM to 10:30 AM script should keep checking on a particular location for each file one by one. If all the files are available then only it should complete the next processing part, else... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit.mathur08
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking availability of Web pages through Unix script

Hi Guru's, I need to check the availability of a web page for every one hour through a script. Following is the requirement. 1. Go to http://vsn.srivsn.com 2. If any error encountered in openeing the home page, it should trigger an email with the appropriate error message. 3. If page opens... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: srivsn
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking for availability of remote server

Hi. In my KSH script I'm running a command on a remote server. I want to know how I can test to see if the remote server is available (accessible) prior to running the command. Any ideas? My command looks like: `ssh $USER@$TARGET_SERVER_DNS ls -l $REMOTE_FOLDER ` This check should be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dylanmilks
4 Replies

8. IP Networking

Checking for availability of remote server

Hi. In my KSH script I'm running a command on a remote server. I want to know how I can test to see if the remote server is available (accessible) prior to running the command. Any ideas? My command looks like: `ssh $USER@$TARGET_SERVER_DNS ls -l $REMOTE_FOLDER ` This check should be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dylanmilks
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question