Code:
 /apps/abinitio/outbound01 90 30 DEVappsabob01
root@carlvpc0lpr24 # df -g /apps/abinitio/outbound01
Filesystem GB blocks Free %Used Iused %Iused Mounted on
/dev/DEVappsabob01 90.00 89.39 1% 4032 1% /apps/abinitio/outbound01

root@carlvpc0lpr24 # mmlsnsd -f DEVappsabob01
File system Disk name NSD servers
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
DEVappsabob01 Nsd30_121 (directly attached)
DEVappsabob01 Nsd30_122 (directly attached)
DEVappsabob01 Nsd30_123 (directly attached)

Question, how do I remove and not touch or hurt the data
Do I have to migrate like migratepv
Or is gpfs smart enough
To move data off the device to free area when I remove nsd

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 08-23-2014 at 01:44 PM.. Reason: Cleaned up formatting. Reversed CODE tag tags (slash comes second not first)
# 2  
Old 09-07-2014
Code:
./mmdeldisk DEVappsabob01 “whatever disks you want to remove” -r

you basically migrate to new disks when you remove the old ones.
Regards
zxmaus
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

How to remove a device in use?

Hi All, I'm having trouble with my SAN devices on AIX 5.3 so I would like to remove the SAN devices and HBAs. Then I want to recreate them with cfgmgr and see if this solves my problem. So I have the following SAN devices: # lsdev | grep fcs fcs0 Available 07-08 FC... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: petervg
7 Replies

2. AIX

How to get rid of GPFS ?

Hi We are doing the migration of DMX3 disks to DMX4 disks using migratepv. We are not using GPFS but we have gpfs disks present in the server. Can anyone advise how to get rid of GPFS in both the servers cbspsrdb01 and cbspsrdb02. I will do migratepv for the other disks present in the servers... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
2 Replies

3. AIX

GPFS 3.3

Dear all for the last few days i was searching in IBM web site for GPFS 3.3 to upgrade my gpfs from 3.2 to 3.3 and i did not find the download link for the GPFS 3.3 in IBM website please can anyone give me the link . (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thecobra151
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX rm -rf error "rm: cannot remove `filename' : Device or resource busy"

Hi Everyone, I am trying to remove a directory: $ rm -rf directory_name/ rm: cannot remove `directory_name/filename': Device or resource busy What does this mean, and why can't I remove these files? I already tried moving into the directory, and removing the files individually, but I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anna_Z
7 Replies

5. AIX

GPFS

Hello I am interested if anybody uses GPFS and is it must to have GPFS in the POWERHA environment? and can GPFS work as cluster active active or active passive thanks in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vit0_Corleone
0 Replies

6. AIX

How to configure new hdisk such that it has a gpfs fs on it and is added to a running gpfs cluster?

Hi, I have a running GPFS cluster. For one every mountpoint that i have created i have one disk assigned to it. That disk is converted to an NSD and is a part of the GPFS Cluster. Now i have a new disk and there is this requirement to add it to the GPFS cluster, such that this becomes an NSD.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixromeo
1 Replies

7. AIX

SSD with GPFS ?

Hi, does anyone here happen to know if I could run GLVM or GPFS on Solid State Disks? I have a high volume / high transaction Sybase HACMP cluster currently setup with SRDF to the DR datacentre. My business now considers to move everything to SSD storage but we still need to get the data to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zxmaus
0 Replies

8. AIX

rmdev won't remove disk device AIX

Hi all, I'm attempting to remove some EMC hdisk devices which we recently had made available to one of our backup servers. This is an AIX 5.3 server. When I try doing an rmdev I get the following: root@********:/dev# rmdev -d -l hdisk495 Method error (/usr/lib/methods/ucfgdevice): ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: C.J.Hund
2 Replies

9. AIX

remove device

Hello I need to remove a device (tape rmt0) for to put dinamic in another lpar but when I try to remove I get the next message I try also If there are some process about it but nothing. and before that the device was available and I put on defined status but the same thing I canīt remove it.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
3 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question