In Solaries 10 how to mount multiple volume on same mounted point

Operating Systems Solaris In Solaries 10 how to mount multiple volume on same mounted point
# 1  
Old 01-30-2014
In Solaries 10 how to mount multiple volume on same mounted point

Hi ,
I am completely stuck and not getting any clue to come out this . So looking for help

Q : I have salaries 10 in server with that Dell Equallogic storage connected.
in dell Equlalogic in i have 70 TB storage .
I created 7 volumes 10 TB each .
In Solaries 10 i have syslog server i created one directory (Syslog) and mounted 1TB volume on it .
Now problem start here ................................
I want to mount rest 6 volume on same syslog directory where already one volume mounted . but getting error .

My purpose mount all 7 vol (70 TB) on same Syslog folder .
# 2  
Old 01-30-2014
Just create a ZFS pool using all these volumes, create a file system inside it and set its mountpoint to the syslog directory. The latter must be done when no file is in use in the existing syslog.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to create a new mount point with 600GB and add 350 GBexisting mount point? IN AIX

How to create a new mount point with 600GB and add 350 GBexisting mount point Best if there step that i can follow or execute before i mount or add diskspace IN AIX Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Thilagarajan
2 Replies

2. Linux

Volume is mounted on two ServiceGuard nodes

Hey! I'm running a HP ServiceGuard cluster with three nodes. One of the packages was moved (not by me) from one node to another a few weeks ago. I just noticed that one of the volume groups is still mounted on the old node. Oops! When I run df, less space is used on the old node than the new. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tobiasvl
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find a mount point on multiple server

Hi, I have to find a mount point called... /opt/recall on multiple servers.. .Could someone give me a suggestion on how I could do this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gartie
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script to check if mounted, and mount if not

I'd like to make a wrapper bash script that will make sure that an nfs mount is mounted before launching a program that depends on the mount being active. Basically: 1) Check to see if the mount is active 2) If it's not active, try to mount it 3) If it won't mount because the nfs server is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: graysky
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Ownership problem using a CIFS-mounted volume

Hello, I am trying to use a storage service for backing large amounts (terabytes) of data. The service uses Linux machines and allows mounting of their disks using the CIFS/SMB protocol. I do have the option of using rsync directly over the network without mounting. But in order to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: same1290
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mount points are already mounted

Hi, I have some issue with the mounting/unmounting on my sun solaris box. Actually their is one script that mount the file system take the backup of databases and unmount the file system.Last week this script failed to mount the file system with the below error message: + echo fs_check.sh:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: biju.mp
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Remote mount an already mounted nfs filesystem

Hello all, We're using JET to build our systems.. I'm in the process of needing to build a centrally located JET box with access to all our networks rather that 2 or 3 dotted around. Part of the means I need to locate the boot & OS images on an NFS mount (via NETAPP filer).. However in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itsupplies
1 Replies

8. SCO

/ partition is mounted but not present in mount

Hello , I 've got a problem with the root partition on my SCO 5.0.5 . When I check the disk with df or mount , I can 't see the root filesystem . # mount /stand on /dev/boot read only on Tue Sep 05 16:13:51 2006 /home on /dev/home read/write on Tue Sep 05 16:14:41 2006 But , if I try... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: npn35
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test to see if a drive is mounted at a specific point

I have a script that backs up our storage drive daily to one external drive and weekly to another. What I'd like to do is find a way, in the script, to test whether the drives are mounted so that it doesn't accidentally fill up the main drive in the event of a drive failure, etc. Any ideas on how... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: spectre_240sx
1 Replies

10. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

how to assign same mount point for file systems mounted on physical disks

We have 6 hard disks attached to the hardware. Of this 2 hard disks are of 9 GB each. Now I want combine both the same in such a way that i see a combined entry in the output of df -k . The steps I follow are 1. Create partition on hard disks (Using format partition) 2. Run newfs -v for... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hitesh Shah
6 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question