Logging out all logins. No one can answer this.

Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Logging out all logins. No one can answer this.
# 1  
Old 01-17-2004
Data Logging out all logins. No one can answer this.

Hi all, I'm having the following problem and wondered if anyone here could help?

I'm using a network at work which is running RH9 on all machines (I only have user access), when I log in to one of the machines in the computer cluster RH informs me I am already logged in elsewhere and mozilla tells me that my profiles are already in use.

I thought I may be logged into another machine but I don't know how to check other than going around all the machines in the cluster!?

Also I use remote login and sometimes my connection is dropped, leaving me logged into a machine remotely because I didn't logout for obvious reasons.

Is there any way to find all my active logins then kill them? The who command obviously only brings up the login on the current machine and not any logins on all the network.

Any help would be most appreciated

Regards

brady9953
# 2  
Old 01-17-2004
Quick question. Are you using a network based password authent such as NIS, NIS+ or LDAP?

Keith
# 3  
Old 01-19-2004
Unfortunately a RH9 cluster are not a single system image.

How about using rwho (remote who) to query the other
cluster members? That combined with a little bit of
scripting and rexec or simialr should get you what you
want.

- Finnbarr
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Syslog not logging successful logging while unlocking server's console

When unlocking a Linux server's console there's no event indicating successful logging Is there a way I can fix this ? I have the following in my rsyslog.conf auth.info /var/log/secure authpriv.info /var/log/secure (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: walterthered
1 Replies

2. Solaris

User Logins

Is the below logins are needed in the machine..... nuucp , uucp ,smmsp , svctag , listen , webservd , ip ( We are not using printers), Can you help in these? Regards, kumar (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshkumarvg
3 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Constant Logging In (After Logging Out)

Hi Everyone. First, I want to thank all of you for letting me participate in this great group. I am having a bit of a problem. After I get an email from a responder, I login to make my reply. In the mean time I get another response by email from another member, I go to reply to them and I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ccccc
6 Replies

4. AIX

Logging user logins

I want to know how I can turn off and turn on login logging. We have a server that appears to have stopped logging user logins. Running the who command shows nothing and the last command shows no logins for a month. The var/adm/wtmp file isn't full and there is plenty of space in the var file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: daveisme
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Last two logins script

This is the contents of my file: donald.duck 12/07/2009 12:07:58 donald.duck 12/07/2009 12:17:36 donald.duck 12/07/2009 12:22:29 donald.duck 12/07/2009 12:26:39 donald.duck 12/07/2009 12:28:01 mickey.mouse 12/07/2009 12:48:49 mickey.mouse 12/07/2009 12:49:33 mickey.mouse 12/07/2009... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: diallo0024
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help finding number of logins!

Let's say I am trying to find out how many times someone has logged into the machine. Use last to display all the different logins, several names pop up, some multiple times. All I have been able to figure out is the total number of logins, but I can't determine how to compare if $1(user name) is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TiznaraN
3 Replies

7. AIX

Limit logins to 1

Trying to limit 1 login per account... Setup: We have 2 auth logins, one to the AIX (telnet)then into a distribution mgmt software, the users do not have a shell to log into on the AIX itself, so placing a script such as: active=`who | awk '{printf",%s,\n",$1}' | grep ,$LOGNAME, | wc -l` ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pheusion
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logins-logouts

I want a script that checks the logins and logouts in a system.Is there a way to keep the logins and logouts in files and then compare them every e.g. 10 seconds? for tcsh. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aekaramg20
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NVT logins

Hello again! Another thing came up the other day. I've noticed that a few of my "beloved" users who by the way, use NVT (Novell Virtual Terminal) to log in the server, when told to log off, press the power button to shut down their computer, instead of logging off as they should. As a result... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pappous
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with logins

Could someone please tell me what I would have to do so I can dial in to Solaris through a modem and login? Thanks in advance. Jomar (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: crispyco
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question