Solaris E-Mail Notifications ?!

Operating Systems Solaris Solaris E-Mail Notifications ?!
# 1  
Old 02-25-2006
Solaris E-Mail Notifications ?!

Hi ,

I need to have a monitoring system also I wanna have E-Mail Notification .or SMS notification to be on touch with my System : ) ...

Regards
Adel
ArabOracle.com
# 2  
Old 02-27-2006
Email notifications for what, exactly ? Any "system problem" ??

Setup and install one of the following on your machines:

Nagios [ http://www.nagios.org ]
Big Brother [ http://www.bb4.org ]
Big Sister [ http://bigsister.graeff.com/ ]

I've had Nagios set up to send an email to my phone, and a tiny little script would also note a (canned) reply to let everyone with access know that someone was working on the problem.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Infrastructure Monitoring

Notifications not coming through

Issue: I'm not receiving notifications I can succesfully receive an e-mail if I do this on the command line: /usr/bin/mail -s "NAGIOS HOST ALERT on $HOSTNAME$" rgouette@butlerbros.com but, my command.cfg configuration below, refuses to send an e-mail when I set a service to a critical... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rgouette
3 Replies

2. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Mail notifications for sudo shows syntax error

Im Using Centos Version $ cat /etc/redhat-release CentOS release 6.4 (Final) I'm Using Sudo Version $ sudo -V Sudo version 1.8.6p3 Sudoers policy plugin version 1.8.6p3 Sudoers file grammar version 42 Sudoers I/O plugin version 1.8.6p3 tried to setup notification mail for sudo,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: babinlonston
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

mail too slow on solaris

Hi, I am using /usr/ucb/mail for mailing thru script. But mail reaches after 30-40 mins. What can be the reason and also how to check status and related info (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Deei
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

file system status mail notifications

HI I want to get an e-mail @ my yahoo address when the file system used space gets more than 89% , & the message contents must be the outputs of df -g errpt netstat -i ??????? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: majd_ece
3 Replies

5. Solaris

mail on Solaris 10

Hi, I work in Solaris 10.... I want to configure the mailing agent in my server.... I have been trying to use the command mail -s "test" hv899@cummins.com Hello EOT What are the configurations to be made to sendmail.cf.. Please let me know.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saharookiedba
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris mail problem

We just put in a new Solaris machine and whenever we try to run a job (these are cron jobs), we get the following message: ibasdb02:/ # May 14 14:10:12 ibasdb02 sendmail: l4 EIABQa022219: Losing ./qfl4EIABQa022219: savemail panic Any ideas on what this means? The cron job worked without a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: hshapiro
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can not send mail in solaris 5.9

Hi !! I'm trying to send myself a mail from my Solaris server, i had tryed with this commands: mail -s "test" irasela@yahoo.com < /monitoring/space/bitacora.txt mailx -s "test" irasela@yahoo.com < /monitoring/space/bitacora.txt sendmail -F "test" address "irasela.yahoo.com" -t... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: irasela
1 Replies

8. Solaris

solaris mail query

Hi, I have deployed the same script on a number of Solaris application servers. It is run by cron every ten minutes to check the OS for application daemons. If any of the daemons is found not running, a message is generated to a temporary file. At the end of the script the there is a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jabberwocky
1 Replies

9. Solaris

mail problems - how to send mail on solaris

Hello I am new user on solaris... I need to configure my solaris to be able to send mails... I know mailx command mailx -s hello address@address.com but I get an error... you have mail in /var/mail/root # hello... User unknown /dead.letter... Saved message in /dead.letter what... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: amon
10 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question