how to connect to sybase database?

Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions how to connect to sybase database?
# 1  
Old 04-05-2009
how to connect to sybase database?

hi,

I'd like to connect to a Sybase ASE 12 through a a graphic user interface (GUI) that run on windows and solaris10, because i need to do some querys.
The database is running on solaris 10.

I'm not an expert using databases, but i know how to use some SQL commands through command line interface (CLI).
I heard about BaseNow, or sth like that, but really i don't have idea about these kind of software.

I tried with the sybase client (Sybase central) and I couldn't get any query.

Thanks,

Danin.
# 2  
Old 04-06-2009
Danin, may this be of any help..!

https://www.unix.com/windows-dos-issu...gh-script.html

sorry about the way that they left it, though :-)

/ilan
# 3  
Old 04-06-2009
hi ilan,

thanks for your reply, but i know how to login and how to use some isql commands, but as I asked before, I'd like to use it through a GUI and not command line interface (isql).
mainly to make queries.

Thanks!
# 4  
Old 04-09-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by danin
hi ilan,

thanks for your reply, but i know how to login and how to use some isql commands, but as I asked before, I'd like to use it through a GUI and not command line interface (isql).
mainly to make queries.

Thanks!
Hi, I solved the problem using Sybase Java Centra Edition. It's good!! but I think that there is not free... I get from one customer... anyway if somebody uses some like that I 'm very interested on it.

Thanks!
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Hierarchical Query for Sybase database

Team I am using DBartisan tool for sybase database. I have a table that has below fields Employee_ID,EMP_Name,First_Nm,Last_Nm,Emp_Designation,Employee's_Manager is it possible to retrieve hierarchical data based on below fields Emp_Designation will have Soft Engg,SSE,Team Lead,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perlbaby
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute stored procedure through script in sybase database and store the output in a .csv file

Hi, I have a sybase stored procedure which takes two input parameters (start_date and end_date) and when it get executed, it gives few records as an output. I want to write a unix script (ksh) which login to the sybase database, then execute this stored procedure (takes the input parameter as... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit.mathur08
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic update loop query on Sybase database

Hello Guys, I'm new to Shell scripting, and i need someone to help me with this issue: I'm trying to do a dynamic update query on Sysbase database table using shell script. Lets say, the Update query is "update Table set id=X" , where X is dynamic value for the loop index. If the loop is... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alaeddin
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to connect to sybase from Unix(AIX)

I have a script given below so can anyone explain me what it does? echo "use $DSQUERY\n go\n insert into ff.SmartCareLogin (username, password, userrole, fullname) values ('$1', '$1', '$2', '$3') go"|isql -Uff -P what is the use of $DSQUERY and go. When i am firiing isql command... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachin.gangadha
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Connect From VB to Sybase 11

Dear All I have a problem that I can't connect from VB to Sybase 11. Could you help me? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Than Chanroeun
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect to a Remote Sybase Server Through Script

Hi all, I am trying to connect to Remote Sybase database Server through shell script. I am operating on WindowsXP, connect to Unix(version SunOS: 5.8) The thing is i dont know how to connect to Sybase Server through my script file? Are there any manual pages which can guide me through the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aparna_k82
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect to sybase database using Korn shell script

Hi, Can anyone please give me a script or let me know how to connect to a sybase database and execute a query using Korn shell scripts.Am new to Unix but i need to do this ASAP. Please help. Thanks, Gops (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhgopi
7 Replies

8. Programming

How to connect database in TC

Anybody please help me how connect a database file in TC for windows. regards Senthil. K (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Senthil
5 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Connect to a Remote Sybase Server Through Script.

Hi all, I am trying to connect to Remote Sybase database Server through shell script. I am operating on WindowsXP, connect to Unix(version SunOS: 5.8) The thing is i dont know how to connect to Sybase Server through my script file? Are there any manual pages which can guide me through the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aparna_k82
2 Replies

10. Programming

¿how can I connect C to a database?

hi, please, help me i need connect my program in C whit a SybaseIQ 12 database i´m programming in solaris 5 (unix) please, help me, because i don`t know what to do... thanks.. jonathan (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DebianJ
0 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question