HP LJ2300D and Unix PPD

Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers HP LJ2300D and Unix PPD
# 1  
Old 09-16-2003
Question HP LJ2300D and Unix PPD

Smilie Greetings,

I have a specific question about PPD's under UNIX. I want to run a HP Laserjet 2300D in a standard unix envirnoment. Problem is, i have had a look around the web, but i cant really find a proper PPD. Is it possible to use MAC PPD's? or Solaris? If so, how do i do that?
I am aware that a PPD is really just a Printer Description, i guess thats why it is so important that i get a PPD which has the features for my printer.
Does anyone have a Link or a really good idea about how to exactly do this?
Thank you very much for helping a unix newbie.

Regards

Minor Smilie
# 2  
Old 09-16-2003
I don't see any LJ2300D on HP's site. Maybe it's a new printer. Or maybe you mean LJ2200D.

Looking at HP's web site, the LJ2200D itself is new. It has a USB and a Parallel port and it is aimed at the PC market and that really means the non-unix OS's.

Any unofficial HP support for Linux will be here.

I don't see any support for Solaris, HP-UX, etc.
# 3  
Old 09-17-2003
Tools

@ Perderabo Smilie

thanxs for replying. i will see if i can get anything at the linux link.
might be a dumb question: are linux and unix ppd's in any way compatible with eachother?

The HP LJ2300D is the successor of the LJ2200D. the LJ2300 has EWS support and has display now Smilie

so it isn't really all that different. maybe the LJ2200D ppd works.

Anyways.... thanxs again Smilie

Greets

Minor
# 4  
Old 09-17-2003
In my mind ,

unix = { HP-UX, Solaris, BSD, Linux , AIX, ...}

So I suppose that if I must select an answer to your question from the set { yes, no } , I'm going to go with "yes".

Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

PPD conumdrum

Hello, Long time without posting to the Unix forum. I'm currently supporting a RHEL 5.8 environment. Our site is a Konica Minolta shop. We are setting up back-end printing and for the most part it's all well. We've been having issues with a particular model: C364 colour printer. It prints Ok... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fabiogilr
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Transfer from Window server to UNIX and UNIX to UNIX

Dear All, Can someone help to command or program to transfer the file from windows to Unix server and from one unix server to another Unix server in secure way. I would request no samba client. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yadavricky
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How does unix system administration, unix programming, unix network programming differ?

How does unix system administration, unix programming, unix network programming differ? Please help. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thulasidharan2k
0 Replies

4. Hardware

Cups-compatible PPD for IBM 6400 printers

We've inherited some IBM Infoprint 6400 printers for use with our internal warehouse management software. Now I'm looking for a driver, or a compatibility list for said printers. I found that IBM does provide drivers for it (link), but due to our policies I can't download it. (who provides drivers... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pludi
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Making a ppd driver for Minolta 3100 on CUPS/Ubuntu

Hello I have a Minolta QMS Magicolor 3100 printer. A driver is available (Minolta-magicolor_3100-Postscript.ppd) for Linux, installed using foomatic, but it does not work properly. The resolution is at it's lowest and a poor quality grainy print results. The printer works fine under Windows XP... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bwallum
0 Replies

6. Linux

mapping of a printer model with a ppd file in CUPS

Hi all, I am currently working on building a GUI to be interfaced with CUPS 1.3.4 package; In my GUI I have a list of printer manufacturers mapped With various printer models ; and for a particular printer model selected I needed to know how to map that model with an Appropriate ppd file; as I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sc3008
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

missing Path(in UNIX) when i launch a job on to unix machine using windows SSh

hi i want run an unix application from a windows program/application.i am using SSH(command line version)to log on to a unix machine from windows. the application has to read a configuration file inorder to run. the configuration file .CFG is in bin in my home directory. but the application... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megastar
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX problem? Unix programm runs windows 2000 CPU over 100%

Okee problems...!! What is happening: Unix server with some programms, workstations are windows 2000, the workstations work good but when you start a programm on the Unix server the CPU of the workstations go to 100% usage resulting that the system gets very slow. The programm well its running so... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zerocool
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question