Instructions to Clear Data Cache in Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Opera Browsers (Pictures)

The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Instructions to Clear Data Cache in Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Opera Browsers (Pictures)
# 1  
Old 04-02-2019
Instructions to Clear Data Cache in Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Opera Browsers (Pictures)

Here are instructions to clear the data cache for four browsers, Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Opera. In these examples I'm using MacOS Mojave, but it should be similar for any OS.

You can use these instructions to to clear and reload the cache if you have any issues with the Vue.js UserCP (current version is Screeching Frog 0.7456, so you should see a version higher than 0.7456)

In each case, after clearing the cache and saving, you should quit the browser completely and restart.

Chrome

Chrome: Menu Selection:

Chrome: Menu Options:

Firefox

Firefox: Menu Selection

Firefox: Menu Option -> Clear Data

Firefox: Menu Option -> Clear Data -> Cached Web Content

Safari

Safari: Menu Selection:

Safari: Menu Options -> Manage Website Data

Safari: Search for Unix.com, Delete and Save:

Opera

Opera: Menu Selection:

Opera: Menu Options -> Clear Browsing Data

Unfortunately, in most circumstances, you must completely quit your browser and restart to insure the cache clears properly and the new web data (HTML, Javascript, CSS) will properly reload.
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:
# 2  
Old 04-08-2019
I spent quite a bit of time on this "clear the cache" issue, and found that only Safari will clear the cache (regarding downloaded JS files) and reload properly (command r) when the browser is reloaded without quitting the browser.

However, Chrome, Firefox and Opera all require (me at least) to quit their browser completely and restart before the page (after clearing the cache) so the page will properly reload with fresh JS.

Strange, really.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

clear cache memory

hi all, i have noticed that my server has 64 GB RAM and i have application in this server but the server has free memory only 15% and utilized 85% however it didn't eat from swap . does any parameter can be configured in kernel to make the system clear memory from cache like linux i found... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxim42
4 Replies

2. Red Hat

Bad flash sound in Firefox, Chrome (youtube norm)

There is a solution but it seems that it works only once - the first run (adding to a shortcut LD_PRELOAD=$HOME/linusmemcpy.so /usr/bin/firefox &) . Then an error occurs: Failed to execute child process "LD_PRELOAD=$HOME/linusmemcpy.so" (No such file or directory) linusmemcpy.so exists in the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xcislav
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to clear data on / (root)

hello, /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 mounted on / it shows 95% full what steps i need to follow in order to clear data??? what files i need to clear??? thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mtunganati
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

wget returns different data from web browsers

I am facing a strange issue with wget. I am not able to get the same data that I can get from my firefox web browser. I tried setting the user agent to firefox but i am still not able to get the same data.. Hope anyone can help point me to the correct direction. This is the command i used :... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Leion
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

How do I clear RHEL3 Cache get allocation to RAM?

Hi I am running in Issue that my total system RAM is 8GB. If I run command free -m I get 6.0 Gb RAM free -m total used free shared buffers cached Mem: 7554 5928 1626 0 123 4798 -/+ buffers 1006 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: osamamunir
3 Replies

6. Linux

getting info on Cache Size, Data Cache etc..

Hi all I saw in Microsoft web site www.SysInternals.com a tool called CoreInfo from able to print out on screen the size of the Data and Instruction caches of your processor, the Locigal to Physical Processor mapping, the number of the CPU sockets. etc.. Do you know if in Linux is available a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manustone
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copy, clear and keep to new data only

I have an Ingres database logfile that grows constantly, iircp.log. It is always "attached" to the Ingres process that uses it, and I do not want to screw up the data. I have been copying it to another directory and then using vi on the original to reduce the size 34000 lines at a time. What I want... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sarge
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question