How to use USB Stick in UNIXware?

Operating Systems SCO How to use USB Stick in UNIXware?
# 1  
Old 06-30-2015
Hammer & Screwdriver How to use USB Stick in UNIXware?

I am trying to use a USB (Pen?) drive on Unixware 7.1.4.
The USB stick is in the machine and the machine recognises it when I enter usbprobe as follows:
Path - Address Description
-----------------------------
+++++++ BUS #2
0 - 1 - HUB "UHCI Root Hub"
1 - 2 - HID "Chicony Wireless Device"
etc

I also note that there are some usb devices as follows:

crw------- 1 root root 274, 88 Jun 30 15:54 usbprobe0
crw------- 1 root root 274, 88 Jun 30 15:54 usbprobe1
crw------- 1 root root 274, 88 Jun 30 15:54 usbprobe2
crw------- 1 root root 274, 88 Jun 30 15:54 usbprobe3
crw------- 1 root root 274, 88 Jun 30 15:54 usbprobe4

But I am unsure how to use the USB drive in order to copy an ISO file onto it that I can then use on a windows machine?
Do I need to format it?
Do I need to create a filesytem on it?
Do I then need to mount it?
Before finally copy my file onto it.
Any assistance much appreciated!
# 2  
Old 06-30-2015
You have to mount it, and unmount it.
Removing it while it is mounted will crash the system about 10% of the time.
How to install a USB Pen Drive Hard Disk on SCO Unix?
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to jgt For This Post:
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. BSD

Bootable usb-stick, need help, sos

I would probably set all my rubber points here to get some real help for creating a boot device on a usb-stick. There is no CD-drive on this machine, thats why I need to use a usb-stick. And scrumming in a CD-drive to fuddle around in the fstab or something like that is out of reach. My wisdom so... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: 1in10
9 Replies

2. Ubuntu

Installing UBUNTU on USB stick

I'd like to install the OS on my stick. I would like to be able to save my works there and install apps or customize the OS. What can I do Ps. At home I use an iMac, but in the school where I work there are only PC... Ty (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fabio_Puricelli
2 Replies

3. SCO

Mount USB stick

hi Howto mount an USB stick under SCO 5.0.7? BTW ist it possible to mount USB stick in the command line using 'tools' at the Boot: prompt from OpenServer Release 5.0.7 installation CD? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ccc
1 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Ubuntu on USB stick?

Hey Guys I have an Ubuntu CD and I was thinking of creating like a bootable hard drive with various OS so that I can just boot OSs with t drive and not require the CDs. I was just wondering is there a way I can do this, like have Ubuntu boot from a USB stick? If yes how is that possible(even if I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbansal2
3 Replies

5. BSD

Mounting a USB stick in FreeBSD

When mounting a USB stick or pen drive on a FreeBSD machine I always issue the following command: mount -t msdosfs /dev/da0s1 /mnt Something I have always wondered is what the option msdosfs stands for and more importantly, why it is necessary. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
7 Replies

6. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Mount USB stick...

Dummies questions, perfect for this. I cannot mount my idiotic usb stick on Slackware, I input the following on non-graphic mode as root: Mount -t vfat /dev/sdc1/usbstick usbstick is the folder i created for mounting my USB, the file system is FAT, and everytime I input that I get some kind... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dax01
2 Replies

7. BSD

Detecting usb stick in freebsd

I inserted a 8GB usb stick in a number of machine with FreeBSD 7.1, but the medium was not detected: $ dmesg | grep MB usable memory = 4263022592 (4065 MB) avail memory = 4082540544 (3893 MB) pci0: <serial bus, SMBus> at device 31.3 (no driver attached) ad0: 238475MB <WDC WD2500BEVT-00ZCT0... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Aix usb stick

I have a P-Series Machine running AIX 5.3, it has a USB Port on the front of the server, can I use a USB Stick on AIX platforms?? if so how..:rolleyes: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BEVAN
2 Replies

9. Linux

bootable USB Stick || Fedora 8

Hello Everybody I am planning to install Fedora core 8 on an extra PC I have; what I wanna do is to boot from a USB stick then install Fedora from an ISO image I already have via FTP. Could any one tell me how to create bootable USB Stick for Fedora as I already found how to install from FTP... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmed_nasr2001
0 Replies

10. Linux

Booting Linux from an USB stick

I got Puppy linux and installed it on a usb stick. In the BIOS i selected to boot from USB-FDD but it goes to my HD and ignores the USB stick, What going on ?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: perleo
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question