help with write-read locks inter-process

Top Forums Programming help with write-read locks inter-process
# 1  
Old 06-12-2010
help with write-read locks inter-process

I need help!Many Thanks!
Now,I try to manage the shared memory inter-process .
Inevitably,I have to deal with the synchronous.
I know the pthread_rwlock in posix,and I compile ,then run successfully in Red Hat Enterprise 4.
I have a doubt about whether the Posix supports the system such as HP_UX,AIX and others.

(sorry for my poor English)
# 2  
Old 06-12-2010
Quote:
I have a doubt about whether the Posix supports the system such as HP_UX,AIX and others.
The following operating systems conform (i.e., are 100% compliant) to one or more of the various POSIX standards

A/UX
AIX
BSD/OS
DSPnano
HP-UX
INTEGRITY
IRIX
LynxOS
Mac OS X[15]
MINIX
MPE/iX
QNX
RTEMS (POSIX 1003.13-2003 Profile 52)
Solaris
Unison RTOS
UnixWare
velOSity
This User Gave Thanks to zius_oram For This Post:
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Need help about read() and write() on TCP/IP

HI I need to implement a client/server TCP application. the customer is the client and the bartender is the server. When the customer enter the Bar, client connects to the server Server should reply the client immediately. Other wise if the server is busy, it should send an update message... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: lixiao1212
10 Replies

2. IP Networking

write() / read() syntax

hi am newbie to unix and socket programing I am trying to figuring out syntax for read and write to send data from server to client and client can read it I have to send two integers write(newsockfd,buffer,"%d %d",x,y,0) writing from client where x and y are two integers.. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthik1238
7 Replies

3. IP Networking

read/write,write/write lock with smbclient fails

Hi, We have smb client running on two of the linux boxes and smb server on another linux system. During a backup operation which uses smb, read of a file was allowed while write to the same file was going on.Also simultaneous writes to the same file were allowed.Following are the settings in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: swatidas11
1 Replies

4. Solaris

file open/read/write/close/access by process

Hi want to know what file (descriptor+filename+socket) is being accessed by particular process on solaris. Purpose : while running perf. test, needs to find where is the bottleneck. We are providing concurrnet load for around 1 hr and needs to capture data related to file usage pattern... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raxitsheth
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find all files with group read OR group write OR user write permission

I need to find all the files that have group Read or Write permission or files that have user write permission. This is what I have so far: find . -exec ls -l {} \; | awk '/-...rw..w./ {print $1 " " $3 " " $4 " " $9}' It shows me all files where group read = true, group write = true... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shunter63
5 Replies

6. Programming

C program using IPC (inter process communication)

i want to write a C chat program that communicates over IPC(inter process communication), that could be run using 2 seperate terminal windows within the same computer. so that wat u type in one terminal window , should appear on the other and vice versa... could some one please help me with the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: localp
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Inter-process communication:pipes,doors,etc.

Hi, I am thinking about writing a log daemon for a multi-processed ksh application (yes - I know that high-level language would be a better option). My question is as follows: If many processes (many scripts) will try writing to a single log file: print "message" > common.log Will it work or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: adderek
2 Replies

8. Programming

Read/write locks within and between processes. Can you help?

I have an application that is multithreaded and concurrent. Multiple instances of the application must run at the same time. Each thread in each process accesses shared resources. For this purpose I've employed Butenhof's read-write locks. Inter-process locking is based on fcntl. For example,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: adamb
3 Replies

9. HP-UX

Inter Process File Handling Problem

Hi All, i am running a oracle procedure which writes a file . The same file is picked up by another script which runs in a cron after every 5 minutes. Now the problem is that sometimes my script picks up a file while the procedure is still writing data in the file. is there is any way i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabhjain
4 Replies

10. Programming

Inter Process Communication

unix IPC i would like to know the method of usage of semaphores on shared memory segments the topic seems very difficult to understand mainly when difrent proceses communicate instantly and how do i avaoid deadlock situation (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamathanil
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question