can C language received information from Linux/Unix

Operating Systems Linux can C language received information from Linux/Unix
# 1  
Old 10-06-2003
can C language received information from Linux/Unix

Hi ! Can C -langauge interface with Unix/Linux?
Currently i have written a application for SMS using C programing. I would like to know if i am able to receive information from Unix/Linux so that it can activate the application.
# 2  
Old 10-06-2003
Yes, c can interface with linux/unix. What sort of info do want to recieve? If you just want your program automatically started at a certain time you can use cron.
# 3  
Old 10-06-2003
Hi Perderabo,

I want my SMS application which is written in C++ to send out the error code which is extract from the machine. The machine itself is using HP-UNix. The machine will generate an error code once its encounter an error. I hope to extract this error code from the machine and send to my SMS application so that the users can be notified and attend the error promptly. Users will received the error code throught SMS to their mobile phone
# 4  
Old 03-12-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNSON
Hi Perderabo,

I want my SMS application which is written in C++ to send out the error code which is extract from the machine. The machine itself is using HP-UNix. The machine will generate an error code once its encounter an error. I hope to extract this error code from the machine and send to my SMS application so that the users can be notified and attend the error promptly. Users will received the error code throught SMS to their mobile phone
hi johnson,
i also want to do the same thing(SMS application which is written in C++). can you help me by telling how you solve it
# 5  
Old 03-12-2005
Hi Perderabo,

I want my SMS application which is written in C++ in linux to send out the error code which is extract from the machine. can you help me?
# 6  
Old 03-12-2005
There is a mail client available called mailx on HP-UX and mail on Linux. From the command line you can do stuff like:
echo message | mailx 3015555555@sprintpcs.com
or whatever the email address of your phone is. Because this is sms, you must be careful to keep the message short. That is the only difference bewteen sms and regular email.

From c or c++ your can use system or popen to invoke mailx (or mail) and send a message.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Keep Linux in english while windows in native language

hi, I want that a language change in windows won't effect Linux language (which should be always English). I had that feature but A Windows update changed it. How can I fix it? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: daivon
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check email with attachment received or not from UNIX shell script?

Hello Guys, Here is the requirement!! I want to check the mail with attachment received or not through unix scripting. And send an notification email when mail with attachment already received. Any thoughts on this is much appreciated!! Regards, Harry (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dharry2017
0 Replies

3. Programming

Language used with Linux

What language is used more common with Linux (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: zbest1966
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Alternative Scripting Language for UNIX/Linux System Administration

I do not know UNIX shell scripting so as an alternative which language would you think is better for daily System Administration tasks. Perl or PHP? I know a little about both. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: blackopus
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Check EOF char in Unix. OR To check file has been received completely from a remote system

Advance Thanks. (1) I would like to know any unix/Linux command to check EOF char in a file. (2) Or Any way I can check a file has been reached completely at machine B from machine A. Note that machine A ftp/scp the file to machine B at unknown time. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexalex1
5 Replies

6. Programming

check Linux password from /etc/shadow and C language

Hi. I want to write a C Program that get a user name and password , then compare it with encrypted password in /etc/shadow. I start with below program: #define _XOPEN_SOURCE #include <stdio.h> #include <time.h> #include <unistd.h> #include <crypt.h> int main (void) { char... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: htabesh
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sorting received mail in unix and another error

hello! when issuing the mail command to see my received mail, i get this error: (server)starla:/home/starla>mail Warning: Too many letters, overflowing letters concatenated msgcnt 27378 vxfs: mesg 001: vx_nospace - /dev/vg00/lvol4 file system full (1 block extent) mail: no space for temp file... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: starla0316
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mails from unix server are not being received

Both A and B people has mail client to mail client interaction happily. 1) mails from A company unix server 'uuu' are being received by A company people onto their mail client. So A company people are happy. 2) mails from A company unix server 'uuu' are not being received by B ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vkandati
4 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question