eof unexpected while looking[...]

Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting eof unexpected while looking[...]
# 1  
Old 03-16-2012
eof unexpected while looking[...]

Hello

I use opensuse build service to build packages (oh surprise !)
I have integrate a command in a spec whose worked and now this exit with:
unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"'

Command:
Code:
if [ ! -f mozilla/security/coreconf/Linux$(uname -r|sed -e 's/\-.*//'|grep -o "[0-9]\.[0-9]").mk ]; then
ln -s $(pwd)/mozilla/security/coreconf/Linux2.6.mk \
   $(pwd)/mozilla/security/coreconf/Linux$(uname -r|sed -e 's/\-.*//'|grep -o "[0-9]\.[0-9]").mk
fi

I have never modify this it's malfunction without any reasons (for me)
Has anyone an idea ? Thanks for future

@+
Posophe

Last edited by jim mcnamara; 03-16-2012 at 10:16 PM.. Reason: code tags - please use them added \ continuation for readability
# 2  
Old 03-16-2012
Please post what Operating System and version you are running and what Shell you are using. The $pwd makes me wonder if this is something weird like csh or tcsh ?
The error message posted does not match the script fragment posted.
Is this the complete script?
Has this script been edited on a Microsoft platform?
# 3  
Old 03-17-2012
The script is a spec file for building nightingale. It's products rpm for an unique platform but 2 versions: opensuse 11.4 and 12.1. The first use kernel2.6.x and the second 3.x. This is complete error message:
Quote:
++ uname -r
++ sed -e 's/\-.*//'
++ grep -o '[0-9]\.[0-9]'
+ '[' '!' -f mozilla/security/coreconf/Linux2.6.mk ']'
/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.cvvqnN: line 108: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"'
And complete spec file
dl=1522362 on mozilla pastebin i can't post links
Thanks for reply Smilie
# 4  
Old 03-17-2012
Which is your shell? I am not getting any errors though in bash!

Code:
[ahaebrah@ahaebrah-fc01 tmp]$ bash -x run
++ uname -r
++ sed -e 's/\-.*//'
+ '[' '!' -f mozilla/security/coreconf/Linux3.2.mk ']'
++ pwd
++ pwd
++ sed -e 's/\-.*//'
++ uname -r
+ ln -s /tmp/mozilla/security/coreconf/Linux2.6.mk /tmp/mozilla/security/coreconf/Linux3.2.mk

--ahamed
# 5  
Old 03-18-2012
Please post the output from this command which is designed to make control characters visible:
If your script is call say "scriptname":

Code:
sed -n l scriptname

# 6  
Old 03-18-2012
You have reason: it's was not the problem. Security error will be solved in latest xulrunner6 snapshot. Thanks for your help

@+
Posophe
This User Gave Thanks to posophe For This Post:
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"'

I have a piece of Linux script. It tells me some syntax error. I couldn't find it. Please help me to identify them. Thanks. The code looks like this: export ORACLE_SID=MYDB export SPW=`cat /opt/oracle/scripts/.sys_pw_$ORACLE_SID` export check_arch=`sqlplus -s << EOF / as sysdba... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unexpected EOF in .profile

When opening a new window under Terminal, got that message: Last login: Sun Oct 30 10:35:12 on ttys000 -bash: /Users/MyName/.profile: line 47: syntax error: unexpected end of file I tried several clues like using BBedit or emacs to get rid of it, nothing does. Maybe shell commands cut or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shub22
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

unexpected EOF : BASH

i'm writing a bash script that uploads a file to my server but it keeps saying unexpected EOF... i cannot see the problem with it, and it worked before i edited the script to work on my ipod touch as well. Here is the troublsome code... if ; then tar -czf "file(Mac).tar.gz" "/folder" >... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: DuskFall
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stuck with Unexpected EOF

Hi, i have a script as below. i'm using sun solaris 10. Script : #! /bin/sh load() { find /stage_area/loadfiles/telsims/test/ -type f -name "*$1" -print > /tmp/testfile.txt fc=`cat /tmp/testfile.txt | wc -l | sed 's/ //g'` if ; then echo " Files Not Avaliable" exit else... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: apple2685
12 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unexpected EOF

hello everyone...im having this problem with unexpected EOF with line 85 which is..i cant see whats wrong with it..can any1 plz help me out. read -p "$p1 please enter the number of tries you wish to have:" lifeline function main() { guessnum=0 read -p "Please enter if its sinle player game... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Freakhan
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"'

Hi everyone, I am trying to search for a string in a file that is partly made up of a variable. Here's the code: echo "parentCategory = $parentCategory" echo "parentCategoryFormatted = $parentCategoryFormatted" numUrlsFoundInParentCategory=`grep -c "<Topic r:id=\"Top\/World\/Français\/"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BlueberryPickle
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

tar:read error: unexpected EOF

I need archive data from some tar files. I use the command "tar xvf filename". For about half of the files I get the error message "tar:read error: unexpected EOF". The number of bytes extracted comes very close to the size of the tar file. An example: 972434779 Jan 10 01:01... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikeruth
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

unexpected EOF

I ran the following scripts and everytime i get the errot as follows Line 54: unexpected EOF while looking for matching ',' line 57 syntex error unexpected end of file#!/bin/ksh set -x BKUP_DIR=/u03/backups/abu/nightly_backup LOG_FILE=/u03/backups/abu/backup.log ORACLE_HOME=... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: manna
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unexpected eof error

Hi, I am newbie and am just trying to connect to oracle from shell script ,,,but I am getting the following error ./prog.sh: line 20: syntax error: unexpected end of file The scripts is : #!/bin/bash O=$IFS; IFS=","; while read a b c d do echo $c ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: thana
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tar: write error: unexpected EOF

I am taring to disk and get this message: tar: write error: unexpected EOF This message is normally associated with tape devices, not disk. Here is the syntax: tar -cf <tarfilename> /dir Have you seen this message on disk tars? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jabe
4 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question