Please Donate to the Red Cross for Earthquake and Tsunami Relief in Japan

The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Please Donate to the Red Cross for Earthquake and Tsunami Relief in Japan
# 1  
Old 03-14-2011
Please Donate to the Red Cross for Earthquake and Tsunami Relief in Japan

Dear Forum Members,

The UNIX and Linux Forums are working directly with the Red Cross to provide ad banners on our site to support Earthquake and Tsunami Relief in Japan. Registered users do not see these banners. However, if you wish to contribute directly on behalf of yourself and the forums, please click the banner image below:

Thank you for helping the Japanese people during times of such unprecedented disaster.

Our hearts go out to all the people in Japan.

Edit: I just donated $200 on behalf of myself and the forums. If you decide to donate, please click the image above and mention your donation in this thread. Also, please join me and post some kind words and thoughts to our many friends and forum members in Japan. Thank you.
These 12 Users Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:
# 2  
Old 03-14-2011
Donated.

I can't think of a lot more to say than that. The whole situation still has me just stunned.
# 3  
Old 03-14-2011
Donated.

It really breaks my heart to watch as these events unfold.
# 4  
Old 03-14-2011
Donated.

I'm home now watching it on CNN. It's a nightmare and it seems worse every time I look.

Thanks for making that link available.
# 5  
Old 03-15-2011
It is amazing to see the calm and civilized nature of the Japanese people in such an unprecedented disaster. Everyone is so impressed, especially me. It is so impressive how the Japanese people remain calm even in such an emergency. Naturally, they are calm over all things in life and maintain a positive attitude and advanced sense of community, in all situations.

The Japanese people have set the highest standard for how to react to any emergency and show how and why they are among the most civilized nations in the world.

OBTW: Yesterday we served around 350K banners for the Red Cross. Many thanks to everyone who gives from their heart to help the Japanese people.
# 6  
Old 03-15-2011
Donated.
I saw a video on CNN taken at a community park. Earth was cracking, wobbling and oozing water thru cracks all over park. But people are not running around, but calm.. I couldn't believe my eyes. I don't know what was going thru their minds.

Last edited by kchinnam; 03-15-2011 at 04:10 PM.. Reason: typos
# 7  
Old 03-16-2011
Great initiative.

Thanks for making this link available.

Our prayers for all of the Japanese.The scenes on TV are devestating.
They will rise again like they did after WW-2 and became one of the top economies of the world.

This is a real wakeup call from the nature to all of us.Lets stop destroying natures'balance.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

A bit of light relief...

How about a thread to show your Desktop, Console or computing environment... This is my current MacBook Pro 13 inch screen... Let's see some others no matter how boring... ;oD (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
7 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

only in japan ...

Water Rocket Man pcsMfLWSYx8 These japanese are a little nuts if you ask me ... :D (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
8 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

What a relief

It is so nice to find a site where you can actually get answers to Unix questions - I've found most of my answers just my searching - but was amazed at the fast response to the nightmare file questions. Thank you again! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Barb
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question