Processing power of CPU's

Operating Systems HP-UX Processing power of CPU's
# 1  
Old 06-05-2006
Question Processing power of CPU's

Hi ,

Can anyone guide how to check processing power of cpu's on hp unix machine.

It will be great if some one can guide how to see the config details of the macine.

when i do glance -c on hp unix machine it gives a report with Number of Active CPU's as 20. How can i know more about the system on which i am working .

Thanks ..
# 2  
Old 06-05-2006
If you have 11.23 then that command will help:

/usr/contrib/bin/machinfo
# 3  
Old 06-05-2006
Also
Sam-->performance monitors-->System Properties-->Processor
-->Memory and so on
# 4  
Old 06-06-2006
i am unable to find "/usr/contrib/bin/machinfo" on my machine ..

sssow
Sam-->performance monitors-->System Properties-->Processor
-->Memory and so on

ssswo, I could not understand what you are telling .... can u tell in bit detail ..
# 5  
Old 06-06-2006
on HP-UX, there is a system administration utility sam. If you invoke sam from command line(just type sam at the prompt), it opens a menu, then select Performance Monitors and then System properties. You will see different tabs showing Processor, Memory information etc.
# 6  
Old 06-06-2006
thanks ..

can restricted users access this utility ..

As i am not able to use the same .. do we need any special permissions to use that utility . i am not able to execute this util it says " ksh: sam: not found"

i am using hp ux b.11.11
# 7  
Old 06-06-2006
$ /usr/sbin/sam
Sorry, you must have superuser (root) privilege to enter SAM.

You need root previlege to access this.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is it possible to combine multiple CPU to act as a single CPU on the same server?

We have a single threaded application which is restricted by CPU usage even though there are multiple CPUs on the server, hence leading to significant performance issues. Is it possible to merge / combine multiple CPUs at OS level so it appear as a single CPU for the application? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dissa
6 Replies

2. Programming

awk processing / Shell Script Processing to remove columns text file

Hello, I extracted a list of files in a directory with the command ls . However this is not my computer, so the ls functionality has been revamped so that it gives the filesizes in front like this : This is the output of ls command : I stored the output in a file filelist 1.1M... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram
5 Replies

3. UNIX Benchmarks

power 5 p520 2-dual core CPU and 8 Gig

p520's prtconf ..two internal drives 10K RPMs 140G, 2 dual core 1.5 GHz processors, 8 Gig of RAM, running AIX 7.1, with the newest gcc compiler The numbers don't make sense, Can someone comment ?? BYTE UNIX Benchmarks (Version 3.11) System -- AIX p520 1 7 00CD5D0C4C00 Start... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppchu99
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make parallel processing rather than serial processing ??

Hello everybody, I have a little problem with one of my program. I made a plugin for collectd (a stats collector for my servers) but I have a problem to make it run in parallel. My program gathers stats from logs, so it needs to run in background waiting for any new lines added in the log... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Samb95
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Multi CPU Solaris system shows 100% CPU usage.

Hello Friends, On one of my Solaris 10 box, CPU usage shows 100% using "sar", "vmstat". However, it has 4 CPUs and prstat and glance are not showing enough processes to justify high CPU utilization. ========================================================================= $ prstat -a ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahive
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to get persistant cpu utilization values per process per cpu in linux (! top,ps)

hi, i want to know cpu utilizatiion per process per cpu..for single processor also if multicore in linux ..to use these values in shell script to kill processes exceeding cpu utilization.ps (pcpu) command does not give exact values..top does not give persistant values..psstat,vmstat..does njot... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajd
3 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question