my VI is acting "strange"

Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications my VI is acting "strange"
# 1  
Old 07-16-2008
my VI is acting "strange"

hi guys,

one of the vi installed on a machine acts really strange. I mean, when I do Page-Down on one of our HP-UX boxes, it works as expected. On the other HP-UX box, it just changes the case of the character.

Can anyone let me know if there is a configuration file or something that I have to do, or do I have to set my term to anything, or what?

thanks
# 2  
Old 07-19-2008
Check the itemap(1M) man page. Perhaps the one has the wrong keyboard mapping defined. You can check the two systems to see if their mapping is the same.
# 3  
Old 07-19-2008
thank you for your help. I will try and look this up
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why awk print is strange when I set FS = " " instead of FS = "\t"?

Look at the following data file(cou.data) which has four fields separated by tab. Four fields are country name, land area, population, continent where it belongs. As for country name or continent name which has two words, two words are separated by space. (Data are not accurately... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chihuyu
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

"╭─ " Character combo in $PATH causes strange autocompletion behavior in zsh

I've posted about this before, but only recently narrowed the problem down to a specific cause. Ok, first of all, the behavior: It occurs when autocompletion brings up its list (not when there is only a single option). Basically, if I were to type, say, cd ~/<TAB> I would get something... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: marshaul
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

strange "No such file or directory" errors on NFS volumes

we're seeing very strange "No such file or directory" errors on NFS volumes on one of our suse servers - can anyone please help? we're seeing it for both our NetApp NAS Device and one of our Solaris NFS servers too Here is what we're seeing: stg-backup:~ # cd /rmt/sge stg-backup:/rmt/sge... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fishsponge
3 Replies

7. Linux

Strange error "host: isc_taskmgr_create: no available threads"

Dear Srs, I'm getting this error on a Linux box, running Apache 2.0.52: "host: isc_taskmgr_create: no available threads" Making some search for those strings in Google, didn't tell me anything about this.. appears to be related to SELinux, but it's disabled in the box. Any idea about... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Santi
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash: cd command to access "strange" directories

I have a problem using bash. Simply, I cannot find the right command (if there's one!) to enter in the "- Arch_02 -" directory. As you can see, the name begins with a hyphen and this is causing some trouble: localhost arch2 # pwd /mnt/arch2 localhost arch2 # ls -l total 4 dr-x------ 1 root... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: robotronic
3 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question