E1 on Solaris box

Operating Systems Solaris E1 on Solaris box
# 1  
Old 06-29-2011
E1 on Solaris box

hi,

can someone please guide me if there is any special hardware to use when we need to terminate an E1/T1 link on a Solaris10 box. I have a number of boxes and these all are located at longer distances. the only connectivity is the E1 links between these far location locations.

Would it be possible to use E1 links ( cable terminate into an RJ45 connector at both ends ). by attaching them to igb0 and igb1 ethernet ports or do I need to have some additional equipment. in a simple line, can solaris handle directl E1/T1 lines terminating to its ports and how.

Regards,
Nasir
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris box as BGB

I have network with x computers which is divided in three subnets A, B ,C. All three subnets need can't access to internet because my old router -> R.I.P. Probably best solution is to get new router and set up back internet connection but that is not good enough for me. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
6 Replies

2. Solaris

Perl comes with Solaris out of the box?

Hi guys. I plan to study Perl in near future, and Im just wondering, is Perl installed in Solaris with minimal install? Cheers. Edit: looks like I have found out Perl is installed with minimal install :) Re: perl in Solaris (was Re: Re: disable processor: msg#00085... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsddaemon
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

New Solaris box how do I tell if its raided

New Solaris box how do I tell if its raided -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Got a new machine in that was set up prior to receipt, how can I tell if the drives are raided and if so what raid level was used on Solaris 8? thanks, Jo C (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jo calamine
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

New Solaris box how do I tell if its raided

Got a new machine in that was set up prior to receipt, how can I tell if the drives are raided and if so what raid level was used on Solaris 8? thanks, Jo C (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jo calamine
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

difference between AIX box and Sun Solaris box

Hi, I need a clarification. Is there any difference between AIX box and Sun Solaris box? The bzip command with -c option works in AIX box and the same does not work in Sun Solaris box. Can anyone please explain if there is an implementation difference in both these boxes for the shell... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nisha4680
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Error on Solaris box

We are getting the following error: warning: pm: Can't set power level of TSI, gfxp to level 0 The machine is running Solaris 8. I think it is a SUn 220R box. Any ideas what this means? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hshapiro
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Java into Solaris box

Hi need to install java in a Unix box, but have not been able to. Does anyone know where I can find information on where and how to install. THank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: federico
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Getting a solaris x86 box on my network.

How would i get my solaris 10 box to run on my network? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: possuman72
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Telnet into Solaris 8 box

I am new to Unix. What file do I need to edit so that I can telnet to Solaris 8. I recieve this message everytime I try to telnet. It allows me to LOGIN but kicks me out with this same message. SunOS 5.8 login: root Password: Not on system console (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie05
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Good uses for a Solaris box?

I picked up an Ultra 10 for a great price, installed Solaris 10, and aside from running the usual network services I'm wondering, what can I use this box for? What are the killer apps for Solaris that you can't run on anything else? It's got the Elite3D graphics, and while I'm sure they're no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: b00m3rang
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question
GENBOX(1)						      General Commands Manual							 GENBOX(1)

NAME
genrbox - generate a RADIANCE description of a box SYNOPSIS
genrbox mat name xsiz ysiz zsiz [ -i ][ -r rad | -b bev ] DESCRIPTION
Genbox produces a RADIANCE scene description of a parallelepiped with one corner at the origin and the opposite corner at (xsiz, ysiz, zsiz). The sides of the box will be parallel to the three coordinate planes. The surfaces that make up the box will be modified by mat and their identifiers will begin with name. The -i option can be used to produce a box with inward directed surface normals. The -r option can be used to specify the radius for rounded edges. The -b option can be used to specify the indentation for beveled edges. EXAMPLE
To produce a rectangular box made of wood with beveled edges: genrbox wood box1 5 8 3 -b .5 > box1 AUTHOR
Greg Ward BUGS
Because spheres and cylinders are used to construct boxes with rounded edges, a transparent box of this type appears quite messy. SEE ALSO
genrev(1), gensurf(1), genworm(1), rpict(1), rvu(1), xform(1) RADIANCE
11/15/93 GENBOX(1)