HELP PLEASE about Resync and sync interval in linux

Operating Systems Linux HELP PLEASE about Resync and sync interval in linux
# 1  
Old 11-23-2007
HELP PLEASE about Resync and sync interval in linux

Can anyone could tell me what is the meaning of this problem:

Last successful check resync is greater than min sync interval (1195785433 > 7200)

And what can do to solve this problem.

Thank you..Please HElp me!
# 2  
Old 11-23-2007
I can't find anything relevant for this error, can you tell us what is your OS and version, where do you see this error, what application you're using ?
# 3  
Old 12-10-2007
Error

That is not a unix error message... Smilie
# 4  
Old 12-10-2007
where do you see this message?

what do you do to cause it to happen?

what application??
# 5  
Old 12-10-2007
That'll be xntpd... probably Smilie
If so, check your system time, check /etc/inet/ntp.conf to get one of your time servers.
Check the time on that server.

If your time server is wrong, fix that and your error should go away
If your local machine has the wrong time, and it's a bigger difference than 7200 ms, it won't automatically correct it.
Run ntpdate <server> to bring your server up whatever time the timeserver says it should be (even if it's a huge jump). your ntpd will continue to keep it in sync.

Been through any daylight savings time changes?
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to make a resync script

Good Morning, I'm trying to automate the resync process after a mirror replacement on Solaris. To avoid resyncing all the drives at once, I'm trying to use metastat for each drive to determine if the drive is still resyncing or if it is done (Okay). The following test lines seem to always show... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stellaman1977
4 Replies

2. Red Hat

Best way to sync time on a Linux machine

I wanted to know which should be the best way to sync time for a linux machine. We have an application server and a database server, both using RHEL 5.8 as the OS. It is important that the time on both these servers match together and also sync with a common time source. As per my knowledge, these... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
11 Replies

3. Linux

Help Me: How to set ARP stale time interval on linux platform for Ipv6 interface

Hi, Can any one please help me increase the arp stale time of an ipv6 interface on linux platform ? I have tried increasing the variable gc_stale_time but that doesnt work. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkothapa
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Reboot causes disks in Resync State

Dear Team, This time i am facing some new problems which is beyond my thinking. I need some expert advice. We are having 4 Servers ( 2 nos Sun SPARC Enterprise T5220 & 2 nos of SF e2900 Servers ). Both the T5220 Servers are Termed as Node A and Node B . The same things are followed with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudhansu
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can I reboot during a metadevice resync?

In my infinite lack of wisdom, I brought a Solaris 10(Sparc, 64 bit ) system down to init 1, detached a metadrive so that I could run format->analyze->refresh on it, and then reinit'd and reattached it . It started syncing the drive as it's a submirror of a mirrored drive, which happens... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: the.gooch
8 Replies

6. AIX

Resync data on File system

Hi All, I have two mount points have the same data with little changes between them /appabc1 /appabc2 Both of them have the same data, there is some little changes on the data between them I want /appabc2 to has the same data of /appabc1 exactly including to those little changes... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr.AIX
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare the interval of 2 numbers of input2with interval of several numbers of input1

Help plz Does any one have any idea how to compare interval ranges of 2 files. finding 1-4 (1,2,3,4) of input2 in input1 of same key "a" values (5-10, 30-40, 45-60, 80-90, 100-120 ). Obviously 1-4 is not one of the range with in input1 a. so it should give out of range. finding 30-33(31,32,33)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: repinementer
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

trailing slash - resync command

Hi All, i am aware that there is a difference between: 1. rsync -n -av /tmp . 2. rsync -n -av /tmp/ . I would like to do the first option. But if i use a variable (rsync -av $log .), the command behaves like a second option (with the trailing slash) Is there any way to use a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: c00kie88
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Sync to Green vs. Separate Sync

Hi all....I have a Sun Ultra2 that I want to use with my PC monitor. I have purchased an adapter that does not work and I was told I need to change my video card setting (if I can) to Separate Sync.....my Monitor product number ends in 1343......I am running SunOS 5.7 ......anyone have any ideas? ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: psantinello
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

raidctl and resync when reboot

I am using raidctl on a v440 disk and noticed it resyncs after every boot, which takes about 30 minutes because of the size of the partition. I am concerned with what happens during the resync if "writes" happen to the disk before it is complete? Any info would be helpful. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: csgonan
0 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question