How to Sync two servers

Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How to Sync two servers
# 1  
Old 12-09-2010
How to Sync two servers

Hi All,

want to sync. two servers , both are having solaris os.
If am updating any thing in one server , it will automatically sync. with the other server .
Is it possible , if so den how ?
# 2  
Old 12-09-2010
Go to Sunfreeware - Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) for Sun Microsystem's Solaris

Download and install rsync. The primary purpose of rsynch is to sync to separate servers.
# 3  
Old 12-09-2010
1) how to check whether rsycn is installed r not in my server.

2) any syntax for automatic sync with the other server .
# 4  
Old 12-09-2010
If it was installed correctly
Code:
which rsync

will show something like: /usr/sfw/bin/rsync or /opt/csw/bin/rsync

2. You have to create a control file, running rsync every few minutes. The sync can be both ways: server1 changes sync to server2, and server2 changes sync to server1. It can be just one way: master server -> salve server

Try this for examples:
Everything Linux - A Tutorial on Using Rsync
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Best practise for keeping cronjobs across 2 servers in sync

Hi all, I have 2 server A and B. B is acting as standby for A. The cronjobs running in A must not be run in B until failover. The activation of cronjobs in B can be manual. In server A, I am doing the following 1) create a cron/job script that does "crontab -l >... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
5 Replies

2. Solaris

Client does not sync date with ntp servers

We had a network problem a couple of days before that caused 1 interface to down and up. But today I have noticed that our date is wrong, our system have 4 servers and the other 3 are OK. I used <date> command, the result is: Fri Jan 2 17:57:55 ICT 1970 I have tried set date to be the same as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: salvation3103
3 Replies

3. Solaris

How to sync without rsync?

rsync for solaris seems to be a spotty beast. It's not installed by default. I facing a problem where I didn't have root access to be able install rsync. I did have ssh access and was able to configure the authorized keys so that no password was required to connect from one server to another. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abe123
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with sync

Folks; I have 2 SUSE DNS servers, one will be the master and one will be the slave. we normally update the master when adding any new servers to the DNS list. I'm looking for a way to sync both servers every night, so the slave is updated nightly. I thought of using "rsync" with cron to sync... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Katkota
1 Replies

5. Web Development

How do you sync tables in mysql between two different servers?

Hi all, I have 2 mysql databases running on two different servers (both can be accessed via ssh to each other). If I have say table ABC on server 1, how can I sync it with table ABC on server 2 if the number of records is different? Both databases are the same structure though server 2 has... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: muay_tb
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sync files from two different servers.

I have a directory called UNIX 1 which contains 2 files and uploaded into two different servers. Now I want to check whether the directory contains both the files. If not, then need to sync the directory. Please let me know how to do that in shell scripting. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: madan1
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

how to find the red hat servers in time sync

Hi all, Before i'm going to install application on my RHEL servers, I just wanted make sure servers in time sync. How can I find it. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: s_linux
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Sync to Green vs. Separate Sync

Hi all....I have a Sun Ultra2 that I want to use with my PC monitor. I have purchased an adapter that does not work and I was told I need to change my video card setting (if I can) to Separate Sync.....my Monitor product number ends in 1343......I am running SunOS 5.7 ......anyone have any ideas? ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: psantinello
0 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question