doubts on xcomd

Operating Systems AIX doubts on xcomd
# 1  
Old 01-12-2011
doubts on xcomd

Hi ,

How to check if a daemon process is running or not ? is the lssrc command the right option ?

I want to check if xcomd daemon is running or not ?

lssrc -a | grep xcomd is of no use. Though I am able to sense that xcomd is running there is no output from lssrc command.

Do I need to be a root or member of the group to see the status of xcomd daemon ?

Cheers,
Balaji
# 2  
Old 01-12-2011
When the output of "lssrc -a" does not contain xcomd, it might simply be not being handled by the System Resource Controller. You could issue a "ps -ef" and grep for it and also check /etc/inetd.conf for an appropriate entry, if this daemon is being handled by the inetd superdaemon.

There was a similar thread not long ago you might want to check out:
service status in AIX
This User Gave Thanks to zaxxon For This Post:
# 3  
Old 01-12-2011
thanks Zaxxon. Smilie

I was able to find from the ps -eaf command , the xcomd deamon was running.

Jus wanted to ensure if there is any absolute command for finding that.

Unfortunately I was not given permissions to look into /etc/inetd.conf.

anyways thanks for the response Smilie

Cheers,
Balaji
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Some doubts about resizing fs's in HP-UX

Hello, I'm new to HP-UX and I'm not sure about some concepts related to resizing fs's under this OS. First of all I'm only asking about resizing ONLINE, it means, without having to umount the fs nor rebooting, etc. Q1. I've read that in order to resize a fs online there are 2 requirements:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asanchez
3 Replies

2. AIX

Doubts on SMIT

Hi All, Have a few doubts on SMIT. 1. Is SMIT available in seperate packages if it is not installed by default with the AIX ? 2. how to check the smit version.. is there anything of that kind ? 3. what is the effect of smit.cat file ? 4. What are all the files present in /etc/objrepos/... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: BalajiUthira
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell scripting doubts

Hello All, I am working in a reputed software firm,currently working on testing platform (manual and automation).But I am very much intersted in unix and shell scripting,I feel that I am good at beginner level of shell scripting,still I want to practise shell scripting to become excel in it.I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maheshglm
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Doubts about variables

Hi, If I have a variable in a configuration file like this: BTS=53,1-2-3-6 export BTS As might get each of the variables in this parameter? "53" "1" "2" .... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: danietepa
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix doubts

Hi All, 1. how and who calls .profile when you login 2. what is PPID and what means by PPID = 0 Thanks in Advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi.sadani19
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Doubts on FIFO

Hi , I m beginner for Unix and i want to use FIFO in my 2 Scripts . I want 1 script to read data from FIFO and other will write into FIFO. Despite reading so many articles/posts i am still unable sunchronize my scripts. My doubts are 1> Do We require both scripts as daemons to use... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

doubts in crontab

Hi All, I am tring to set a shedule for cron to execute my script in every 15 min, n want a mail alert on my mail id if cron fails to get data as input for my script, how can i set that? Thanks in advance Subin (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: subin_bala
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix doubts

Write unix command to list or view auto links (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashishshah.engg
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix doubts

Hello All, I am very new to UNIX. Please help me to find answers of below questions. 1.A script is saved with name ls. When we execute the script what it will execute? a) Will execute ls command b) Will execute the script c) Will execute script or command depends on the path ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aswathy
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question