L2TP over PPTP

Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support L2TP over PPTP
# 1  
Old 12-04-2010
L2TP over PPTP

Hi there.

Here is a crazy question:
can we connect to a L2TP vpn server Through a PPTP VPN server(I mean when connecting to a pptp server)?
# 2  
Old 12-06-2010
I do not know why not, encapsulated IP Packets are not protocol sensitive.
This User Gave Thanks to DGPickett For This Post:
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

No encryption using mpd5 PPTP VPN

Hello, So I was finally able to get mpd5 working as a vpn server, however I am not able to use encryption. I have a feeling it's this entry in the logs, can someone decipher what this means for me & tell me if it can be fixed? I know ng_mppc is related to mchap, but I'm not sure what I'm supposed... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dpreviti
0 Replies

2. Red Hat

How to create a l2tp connection in Fedora 14?

Hi, I m a newbie in linux. We have a VPN server that has a public address.and we can connect to either PPtP or L2TP (PSK). Now I d like to know how can I connect to it with L2TP connection? Thanks in Advance. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: steward
0 Replies

3. IP Networking

PPTP VPN with static external IP

I try to setup a VPN Server (pptpd on Debian 5) to route an IP to my home PC when i login to the VPN - this works so far, i get the IP but then it is dead. i cannot connect to anywhere, and only ping my IP - nothing else. Any info on that? I just want to have a static, external IP on the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: William_E
1 Replies

4. Debian

Debian with PPTP Server

Dear All My scenario is Debian with PPTP Server in which I am able to connect to through other machines. Ive enable echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward and through client machine i can browse internet as well I created another pptp client in debian server which connects to another... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kazimnaim
0 Replies

5. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

pptp server - GUI

Hi guys. I am going to build a Linux VPN server(PPTP) for my friend but here is the problem: He don't know Linux and command line to manage users, monitor server, etc anyone knows a good GUI for this problem? I need some solution like nttacplus (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
2 Replies

6. Ubuntu

configure: vpn pptp

Hi all I'd like to connect over pptp vpn. I have my username, passwd and remote address. Then i start the connection and i see that over my ppp0 interface there's the same address in inet and P-t-P. I think they should be different right? Reading something i find out that i should change... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dedalus
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SSH logs off and Client pptp goes off as well

Hi , I am a newbie to unix,linux i have a fedora core 4 linux. I had set it up as a pptp vpn client to a windows pptp server. Everything was working fine. Recently i saw that there were many attempts to hack into the root login using ssh. so i changed the ssh port,the ssh portocol to 2. And... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: qais
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

pptp / pf issue

Long story short, I have an issue with getting my VPN to connect to my w2k3 server box when I include the block all rule in my pf.conf: block log all Here's the output: Apr 04 06:04:09.291697 rule 1/0(match): block in on hme0: call 3033 seq 0 gre-ppp-payload (gre encap) Apr 04... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FreeBSD 4.9 PPTP server

Hey guys, what's up? I'm new to UNIX and I really don't know much. Kinda learning as I go along. I have successfully installed FreeBSD 4.9 and enabled FTP and Telnet services. I'm looking to setup a VPN server on my BSD box but I'm lost. Can anyone guide me in the right way? Much thanks! -... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sirex
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question