[Solved] Simple Shellscript for uploading files to a specific folder on a ftp-server?

Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [Solved] Simple Shellscript for uploading files to a specific folder on a ftp-server?
# 1  
Old 02-03-2014
[Solved] Simple Shellscript for uploading files to a specific folder on a ftp-server?

hi!
Iam using my D-link DNS-320 (NAS) with fun_plug installed (a unix client)

I am currently using cron to run a shellscript running a java-application that creates a couple of txt files.

These files needs to be uploaded to a specific folder on my webhosts ftp server-account.

I need a simple shellscript that does this, (to be scheduled as a cron-job)

Iam some what of a novice regarding this so simple answers and examples is greatly appreciated :-)
# 2  
Old 02-03-2014
Have you searched the forums?
# 3  
Old 02-03-2014
Yes I have tried a bunch of these scripts, but I havent got anyone working, thats why I started a new thread =)
# 4  
Old 02-03-2014
Quote:
I have tried a bunch of these scripts, but I havent got anyone working
The point isthe tasks are not all that simple, and cannot help if you dont give more information so the best would be to find a simple ftp script, adapt it, THEN come here and submit the issue with all needed information like logs error messages etc... Then we can methodically try to help you solve...
Q1 : Are you trying to use the true FTP ?
Q2 : Is you NAS on the same network
Q3 : Has your NAS some firewall activated?
Q4: etc....
# 5  
Old 02-03-2014
Q4: What have you achieved so far?
Q5: ...

Either way, i'd assume that the generation of those text files from the java-app should be the 'very same' script that parses them after...
# 6  
Old 02-03-2014
Ok thanks for your helpSmilie Im sorry if there was a lot of information missing, we live and we learn;-)

Ok...
The script that seems to match my needs is:
Code:
#!/bin/bash

HOST=ftp.server.com  #This is the FTP servers host or IP address.
USER=(myftpusername)             #This is the FTP user that has access to the server.
PASS=mypassword          #This is the password for the FTP user.

# Call 1. Uses the ftp command with the -inv switches.  -i turns off interactiv$

ftp -inv $HOST << EOF

# Call 2. Here the login credentials are supplied by calling the variables.

user $USER $PASS

# Call 3. Here you will change to the directory where you want to put or get
cd /public_html/fotosupport.se/Nigge

# Call4.  Here you will tell FTP to put or get the file.
put test.txt

bye
EOF

When I run it I get the following:
Quote:
./ftpscript.sh: line 22: warning: here-document at line 9 delimited by end-of-file (wanted `EOF')
ftp: invalid option -- i
ftp V1.00.10182010
Usage
start : start ftp server
stop : stop ftp server
restart : restart ftp server
reload : reload ftp.xml from disk
create-link : user change group need to re-create all link
write-magic-number : write ftp magic to mtd , hd
show : show ftp share list
-A : Add command
-D : Del command
-M : Modify command
-R : Remove command
-n : ftp share name
-p : ftp share path
-r : read list
-w : write list
-d : deny access list
-c : clean ftp share
-h : help
-x : add block IP. EX: ftp -x xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx,1/0(type), 1~31(days)
-z : remove blocked IP
-b : setting blocking duration
-t : setting monitor ftp retry in period
-E : enable/disable anonymous user access ftp
-u : user or group
-a : attribute(0->calcel ,1->R , 2->R/W 3->denny access
ftp start , ftp stop , ftp restart , ftp reload
ex: ftp -A -n abc -p /mnt/HD/HD_a2/123 -r "#a1#" -w "#a2#,#a3#" -d ""
ex: ftp -D -n abc
ex: ftp -M -n abc -r "#a1#" -w "#a2#,#a3#" -d ""
ex: ftp -M -n abc -u a1 -a 1
ex: ftp -R -u a1
And once again, thanks a lot for your help:-)
# 7  
Old 02-03-2014
Look at line 2 of your log. Seems like you are using an incompatible ftp- version.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting for moving folder specific files into target directory of that country folder.

I need help to write shell script to copy files from one server to another server. Source Directory UAE(inside i have another folder Misc with files inside UAE folder).I have to copy this to another server UAE folder( Files should be copied to UAE folder and Misc files should be copied in target... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: naresh2389
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy folder and files from unix server to linux server

We would be migrating unix solaries to Linux redhat. Basically source is unix and target is linux. i would like to copy entire file system unix/source/* to target linux/souce/* but target linux has only folder setup so what ever files copied need to be placed in the linux server with same... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: balajikalai
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Touch 10% of the total files inside a folder

I'm trying to make this code below to work but I can't find the way to do the following: I want to make the script to touch only 10% of the total amount of files counted inside the given directory instead of all like it is now. I would greatly appreciate it if someone can give me a direction on... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: regraphix
9 Replies

4. HP-UX

[Solved] Unable to rename file in ftp server .Net:FTP perl

Hello All, I am trying to connect to ftp server and get the files. Also i need to rename the file in other ftp dir. rename method is not allowing me to rename the file in other dir. When i tried copy command by using net::FTP:FILE then perl says it is not installed. Can some body help me to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krsnadasa
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

transfering files with a specific name to a folder

Hi I want to transfer all files in a folder to another folder. So the files have a ending of .lop.txt thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gisele_l
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to FTP a file from the local folder to unix server

Hi All, please help me to write a shell that ftp a file which is in the local (C:\) drive to a Unix server. Where as i know the IP for the Unix server. i could do this process by using ftp command. pls help me to write as Shell script. Thanks in advance for all of your answers.:b::b: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: little_wonder
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To find files with specific dates and cp another folder.

Hi all, We have an existing script: find /u03/oraprod/perpcomn/admin/out -type f -ctime +7 \ -exec cp {} "/u08/oraprod/backup/cout" \; Which is to find all files more than 7 days and copy to another folder. However I would like to only list files with Sep 29, and cp to another folder. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: *Jess*
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple script uploading *.dem files to an ftp

Hello.. i want to create a simple script that's upload all the *.dem files from one directory to ftp and then delete them. Any help? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TuXaKoS
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp a files from a folder

Hi Can anyone give me a shell script to ftp all the files in a folder to a another machine .And if the ftp is sucees i want to move the files to the same to another folder in the same client m/c (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshr85
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question