DBsurvey syntax for cellular networks

Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users DBsurvey syntax for cellular networks
# 1  
Old 10-10-2001
DBsurvey syntax for cellular networks

I'm trying to find the syntax for running DBsurvey scripts in UNIX. This is for a Sprint's cellular network (Lucent hardware). I can't find anything in Sprint or Lucent documents. Can anyone help me? A simple script looks like this:

DB: ecp
MATCH: field_name GE 1
OUTPUT: field_name1 field_name2 field_name3, etc ...
ENDDB

Thanks,
Roy
# 2  
Old 10-10-2001
Running an SQL query against Lucent hardware is the way you described your problem. Accordingly, your problem is an SQL problem. First you must get the details on the Lucent H/W, the database, the listening sockets and processes.

Then you determine how generic and open the SQL interface is....

If it is open, then any nice SQL query tool will work for you.

If closed, you might have to use a vendor specific product to do the query.

Please most more architectural details and we will try to guide you.
# 3  
Old 10-10-2001
Hello,
I don't know any SQL.
In UNIX, I enter the following command to run the scripts:

DBsurvey -i script_name -o output_file_name

This creates an output file (output_file_name), also called a data dump, in the current directory. The output file conatins all the current values taken from the field_name on the script. The only info from Lucent docs I found about the DBsurvey command is:

Data Base Survey - A flexable, general purpose database query mechanism which is a UNIX System level process (DBsurvey). It is accessed from a UNIX system terminal. It allows the user to query the application databases and to extract specific infomation by using a DBsurvey input message.

I need some more keywords that I can use in the script so that I can have more control. I don't really know where else to look.

Thanks.
Roy
# 4  
Old 10-10-2001
Hmmm... the Lucent doc does sort of imply DBsurvey can be
used to query application databases of various types.
However they are not specific...

Quote:
Data Base Survey - A flexable, general purpose database query mechanism which is a UNIX System level process (DBsurvey). It is accessed from a UNIX system terminal. It allows the user to query the application databases and to extract specific infomation by using a DBsurvey input message.
Perhaps looking at the script you're using may help us
help you further.
# 5  
Old 10-10-2001
OK, now I think I understand.... this may or may not be an SQL query.... it is just some query to a database that is part of the Lucent management application.

This implies that your command line utility DBsurvey does the query for you based on a configuration file read from the command line, script_name .

If you can help with the investigation on your end, we can proceed on this end:
[list=1][*]Is DBSurvey a binary file or a text file?[*]Does the command man DBsurvey produce any output?[*]Does the command DBsurvey -help provide any output?[*]What is the output on the screen of DBsurvey without any arguments?[/list=1]

If you can be kind enough to answer these, we can proceed to the next step of the investigation Smilie
# 6  
Old 10-10-2001
By the way, I was assuming the sample script you gave was
just a sample and not the real thing. If that was the real thing,
then it doesn'r look like much either.

Sorry I wasn't clear on that. Smilie
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Setting up NIM for different networks

Hi, I am struggling setting up a NIM master to serve hosts on a network that is not directly accessible through the "master"-s default interface. I now that I need to set up network definitions and maybe NIM routes, but got confused. The master has 2 interfaces: * en0 holding the address... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: trifo75
8 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

What Social Networks Do You Use Regularly?

What Online Social Networks Do You Use Regularly? I use Facebook and LinkedIn nearly everyday.... You? If your online social network is not listed, please do a "write in" vote.. Thanks! (39 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
39 Replies

3. Solaris

solaris routing between two networks

ce0: flags=1100843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,ROUTER,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 2 inet 10.162.212.132 netmask ffffff00 broadcast 10.162.212.255 ether 0:14:4f:55:82:9 ce1: flags=1100843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,ROUTER,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 3 inet 10.231.11.232 netmask... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: busyboy
3 Replies

4. IP Networking

solaris routing between two networks

ce0: flags=1100843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,ROUTER,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 2 inet 10.162.212.132 netmask ffffff00 broadcast 10.162.212.255 ether 0:14:4f:55:82:9 ce1: flags=1100843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,ROUTER,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 3 inet 10.231.11.232 netmask... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: busyboy
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Multiple networks on same server

If I have 2 interfaces in a server on the same subnet/network does Solaris automatically choose to route packets destined for this network out the first interface. I.e if ce0 and ce1 were on same network ce0 would be chosen as it's first interface? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Actuator
5 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Networks alternative to Internet

I've read about BITNET, CompuServe... CompuServe was probably not a network but an online service. Are (were) there any other networks alternative to Internet? Does anyone have experience with them? Do they still exist, is it possible to access them over Internet? There seems not to be another way... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Action
13 Replies

7. AIX

AIX versus Networks

HI folks, Actually i have a network engineer having 2 and 1/2 years of experience in cisco having CCNA certification also. Now my company offering me to move to AIX field. I am new to AIX and do not know more about that field. So i want a suggestion from you peoples, that I have to join AIX or... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rawatmohinder
5 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question