Help me to solve problems of installation

Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Help me to solve problems of installation
# 1  
Old 09-19-2004
Question Help me to solve problems of installation

Hi everyone,
I have just installed Linux redhat 9.0, Unfortunately i met a error, it annonced as following when i pressed ENTER at the first step on installation and then i stoped:
PCI: 00:13.2 PCI cache line size set incorrectly (64 bytes) by BIOS/FW
PCI: 00:13.2 cache line size too large-expecting 16..

I dont understand what it is and How can i setup it.
Please HELP me!
Thanks alot!
# 2  
Old 09-20-2004
Hi
First I ask you about your HardWare? specially your main board;
But in general issues you must change the cache size of your
PCI ports from 64 to 16.
Another question:Whats the size of your memory.
Good Luck
# 3  
Old 02-21-2008
Same question

I have the same problem. When I try to install RedHat Linux 9.0 I see "cache line size too large - expecting 16". Somewhere I've read about that problem, and someone did solve it by turning everything possible in BIOS of. Is it the only method?
I tried to install it on my laptop: FSC Amilo Pa1510.
I would be grateful if anyone could help me.
# 4  
Old 04-17-2009
help me change my PCI cache from 64 to 16

Hi,
How do i change the PCI cache from 64 to 16? The error that I'm getting is PCI: 00:1c.3: PCI cache line size set incorrectly (64 bytes) by BIOS/FW.
Help please. I'm using an American megatrends motherboard.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Ubuntu

Problems with Ubuntu installation

I recently bought a new HP Spectre x360 laptop and installed Linux (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS 64 bit) for the first time. I am seeing various bugs. I don't know if the problems are due to: (a) Hardware problems with the new laptop. (b) Software issues, i.e. Ubuntu not working with the other... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: twelth_hour
1 Replies

2. Red Hat

SWAT Installation problems

Hi, I have been trying to install SWAT on redhat 6 for samba4. The samba server was installed by another administrator but not swat. Please find output of yum install samba-swat in the attached file (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: p2bas
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Simple Problems to Solve!

Hi, I'm pretty poor at using UNIX but I'm learning. Please help me with these simple problems! Much appreciated! 1. I've changed my shell from bash to csh but I prefer bash. How do I change back? I've tried using chsh -s but it's not working! 2. I'm trying to download TopCat. I've done... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SimonWhite
2 Replies

4. BSD

FreeBSD Installation problems

Hi all, I'm new to the world of Unix/Linux (though not to computing in general) and I'm having a few issues installing FreeBSD (v6.2). Firstly, I realise that it's not the most user-friendly of distros, especially for newbies, but it's what I'm required to install so unfortunately I have to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Techmonkey
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

GTK installation problems

This is what happened when I installed my gtkglarea-1.2.3 My GTK+ installation was successful. I installed on a non-standard location having set all my variables for package config,library and executables checking for GTK - version >= 0.99.7... ./configure: line 12482:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: preyan
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems with GNU tar installation

Hi all, Need some help here. I've been trying to install GNU tar version 1.12 into my Solaris 9 machine. steps that I have done was: -untar the package file -run "./configure" -run "make" command (got stuck at this point) Got the following error messages after hitting the make... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suffer0
2 Replies

7. HP-UX

Patch Installation Problems

Hi people: I am having trouble installing some HPUX patches on my 11.00. I am a novice :confused: at this so bear with me. I do not understand how to install depots. Now I'm trying to patch my system so I can get the Oracle client installed. Oracle says I need these two patches:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RAFA
5 Replies

8. SCO

SCO 5.0.7 Installation Problems

Happy new year guys. I have a inspiron 5100 laptop "Dell" When i'm trying to install SCO openserver 5.0.7 i get this error right after it goes thru the hardware bootup stage. The error is (PANIC: wdsetparam: no device info for ctlr 1 drive 0 is ctlr 0 , drive 0 not... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: josramon
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installation problems!

Hello, I just wanted to install a red hat on my pc, it says that it can not find a file! and i should click return! When I click ok or I use esc, it does not work! Just the error page returns!! and then i formated my pc due to this error :( plz help me! (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: creative
13 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question