Re: Recent acquired HP E-45 Sco -Unix Server

Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Re: Recent acquired HP E-45 Sco -Unix Server
# 1  
Old 10-12-2008
Bug Re: Recent acquired HP E-45 Sco -Unix Server

I am studying IT - CIS in school. I do not know to much programming (a little javascript maybe). I have Ethernet for my regular computer win - xp Sp 2 that I utilize for school, and would like to use the Ethernet to hook up my newly acquired E-45 Server at my house, in order to see if it works correct.
I have, in addition, changed the internal password for the server upon obtaining it. Upon inserting the Ethenet J45 cord, the server then ask me for my log-in, and password. I put my log-in name that I use for the pop-3 account server address, and my HP server accepts this, and then ask me for my password, although it will not let me enter a password when I try. I get a error 5 message that states "dialer failed on line tty 2A:I/O (error 5). Does anyone have any suggestions and/or help as to what I may be doing, that is incorrect? I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO UNIX Open Server Version 5.0.2

I have a CD SCO Unix Open Server Version 5.0.2 but I am missing the botable 1.44 floppy disk.Can any one please tell me where can I download the botable disk? Also I have HP Pavillion 512 MB RAM and 20 GB Hard disk can I use this machine for the installation of SCO Unix? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mustish1
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SCO Unix server time

Hi all, I am using SCO UNIX server (release 3.2, version 5.0.07) and facing problem of time lagging behind slowly from real time . I set correct time and then slowly it lags behind and ultimately there is a 2-3 hrs gap from the current time. Sharing ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dextergenious
5 Replies

3. SCO

Foxbase 2.1.2d in Sco Unix Open Server 5.0.7

Hi my name is Danilo. I'm trying to install Sco foxbase + 2.1.2d. When i tried to install it with "custom" command, i receive the error: "sed: cannot open: ./tmp/perms/prep/*/prep.message: No such file or directory (error 2) The Operative System is Sco Open Server 5.0.7v (the virtualized version... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: danilosevilla
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Foxbase 2.1.2d in Sco Unix Open Server 5.0.7

Hi my name is Danilo. I'm trying to install Sco foxbase + 2.1.2d. When i tried to install it with "custom" command, i receive the error: "sed: cannot open: ./tmp/perms/prep/*/prep.message: No such file or directory (error 2) The Operative System is Sco Open Server 5.0.7v (the virtualized version... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: danilosevilla
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix SCO server 6.0.0

Hellow . I want link download unix sco server 6.0.0. please. I am waiting your answer. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newar
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Get the most recent file from a remote server

Hi, This is an FTP related query.I hvae 2 files in a remote server with the timestamp attached to it. FilenameYYYYMMDDHHMMSS.EXT. I need to extract both the fileswith the most recent timestamp using the FTP script I have used : ftp Servername blah blah.... MOST_RECENT_FILE1=`ls -1t... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anujairaj
5 Replies

7. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Unix Sco Open Server, Windows Computers Problem Access Unix Shared Files Help!!!!!

Hello Moto I hope someone can help We's here at work, have a unix box with sco openserver 5 on it, so it has a nice gui interface.. and also a fair few windows computers.. a system admin guy b4 me, has set up a user called neil, which can, when u try to access the unix box using windows... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: haggo
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Not able to install Oracle Workgroup Server on SCO Unix 5.0.2 box

After having to replace a video card and having a corrupt root directory, I had to wipe out and reinstall my SCO OpenServer Enterprise System 5.0.2. because nothing would work for the root password. I am now trying to reinstall the Oracel Workgroup Server SCO v7.1.5.2 and it tells me I need to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sheilaj1
1 Replies

9. SCO

SCO unix server performance tuning

Hello, Can someone share his experience with SCO unix server performance tuning? - how to make some performance analysis - how to tune up a server for better performance Thank you! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: forumuser7
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

IInd Hard Disk Mounting Problem on 1st HDD On SCO UNIX Open Server

Hi Engg. ! :mad: I have a harddisk on which SCO UNIX Open Server was installed. There was some data (in .dbf format) on it. Present condition of HDD is that it is not booting. Now I want to mount this HDD through other HDD on which SCO UNIX Open Server is installed by attaching... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Niraj Gopal Sha
0 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question
PCCARD(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						 PCCARD(4)

NAME
pccard -- PC Card bus driver SYNOPSIS
device pccard DESCRIPTION
The pccard driver implements the PC Card bus. The pccard driver supports all PC Card bridges in the system. TUNABLES
The driver supports the following tunable parameters, which may be added to /boot/loader.conf or set via the sysctl(8) command: hw.pccard.debug Non-zero values cause more verbose information to be printed when a 16-bit PC Card is inserted or removed. hw.pccard.cis_debug Non-zero value causes the CIS parsing of the 16-bit PC Card to be much more verbose and include a complete CIS dump. FILES
/dev/pccard0.cis This exclusive-use device will report all the CIS chains present in a PC Card, if a 16-bit PC Card is inserted in the slot. Only one user at a time may access the CIS. The CIS is presented as the relevant byte stream from the PC Card. For CIS tuples in Attribute Memory (the default), only the even locations are presented (the ODD locations are undefined per the standard). For CIS tuples in Common Memory, every byte is presented to the user. Decoding of the CIS tuples is done via a userland program. All tuples are presented to the user. SEE ALSO
cardbus(4), pccbb(4) PC Card Standard, Release 8. BSD
July 9, 2002 BSD