Do pro*c program need to recompile

Top Forums Programming Do pro*c program need to recompile
# 1  
Old 05-10-2011
Do pro*c program need to recompile

hi,
I have pro*c program running on sunsolaris 5.9.Currently the same program has been migrated to solaris 5.10.But the program is not giving the desired output.Do i need to recomplie the source code again.

Regards,
Megh
# 2  
Old 05-10-2011
Probably, yes. It may also be related to your environment settings, things like LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

If the code is producing output in the expected format but the data is odd, then you have a tnnames.ora problem.

What EXACTLY is wrong. 'not expected output' is vague.
# 3  
Old 05-10-2011
The program produces a data file with an additional newline after each record.This new line causes problem while loading in.
# 4  
Old 05-10-2011
Something changed in the dataset. Sounds like. You will have to edit and recompile to modify the (f)printf statements(s).
This User Gave Thanks to jim mcnamara For This Post:
# 5  
Old 05-11-2011
I recompiled the code and it worked.Thanks ..
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script to parse SQL from Pro*C program

Hello, I have a Pro*C program which contains SQL sentences, such as: .... Pro*C sentences .... /*SQL 1*/ EXEC SQL SELECT t1.field1, t1.field2 INTO :w_field FROM TABLE1 t1, TABLE1 t2 WHERE t1.field1 = t2.field1 AND t1.ID = :wl_id; .... Pro*C sentences .... /*SQL 1*/ EXEC... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mvalonso
11 Replies

2. Programming

Decript a File Generated by a Pro*C Program

Hi, I've a Pro*C program that generates a file with dat extension and it uses the following function to encrypt the data in the file. Can anyone help in creating a function/program in any language that can decrypt the dat file? void encrypt (unsigned long* entryvar) { typedef struct{... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RickyC9999
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Issue in pro*C program compiled in solaris 10

Hi, We upgraded our servers from solaris 9 to 10. We recompiled all the Pro*C programs with the new oracle version as well. Oracle is 11g. We are facing core dump with the below error for certain executions. But when we are placing new statements between the error fucntion we get junk values to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saroopkris85
1 Replies

4. Programming

Compiling Pro*C program under unix

Hello, I am trying to compile a Pro*C program under unix: proc iname=test.pc works fine but then I am not able to compile the test.c file : gcc test.c -o test.o -L $ORACLE_HOME/lib -l clntsh /usr/bin/ld: Object file format error in: /u01/app/oracle/product/10.1.0.2.0/lib:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nsmrmd
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PRo*C program for SQL queries using threading concept

Hi All, I have written 4 SQL queries. I want to write PRO*C program for this. I want to put these 4 queries in a single PR*C program using threading concept. Please guide me to write the pogram. the queries are as follows. 1. select * from head; 2. select * from details; 3. delete from head... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: user71408
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Still unable to compile pro*c program

I am unable to compile the programs, I am able to compile .pc to .c but later part of the compilation from .c to executalbe i am unable to do. Here is the way i am doing make -f $LIB_LIB/makefile.templ sample I am getting the following errors, which environment and where to set to point... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satvd
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

pro*c program for sql query

Hi all, I have sql query as follows. Please write a pro*c program for the following query. select sp1.cost_change ||','|| sp1.cost_change_desc ||','|| sp1.reason ||','|| to_char(sp1.active_date,'DD-MON-YYYY HH24:MI:SS') ||','|| sp1.status ||','|| sp1.cost_change_origin... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: user71408
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Recompile sendmail

Can anyone give me a quick and dirty way to recompile sendmail and then stop ans start sendmail with the new config? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hshapiro
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Apache recompile...?

Hai friends I have compiled the apache source and installed it in /wwwroot. I have changed the User and Group value as root in httpd.conf file and started apache.. But it throwed an error message and asked to recompile the apache with -DBIG_SECURITY_HOLE compile time value... I have tried the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: collins
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question