FreeBSD Kernel Internals, Dr. Marshall Kirk McKusick

Operating Systems BSD FreeBSD Kernel Internals, Dr. Marshall Kirk McKusick
# 1  
Old 04-29-2009

The first hour of Marshall Kirk McKusick's course on FreeBSD kernel internals based on his book, The Design and Implementation of the FreeBSD Operating System.
These 4 Users Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

How to switch from SVR4/BSD internals to Linux internals?

Hello, Long-time Unix hacker here - I've worked on four variants of the kernel prior to the introduction of Linux. In my spare time, I've written Linux (Ubuntu) device drivers, kernel modules, cross-compiled, and built the kernel. I'd like to do Linux internals/device drivers as a day job,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: OriginalVersion
1 Replies

2. UNIX Benchmarks

FreeBSD 7.2 build kernel benchmarks

Just for fun: CPU/Speed: 2x AMD Opteron Model 2384 (2.7GHz/512KB) quad core processor Ram: 4 x2GB ECC DDR2-667 single rank memory in RAID 0 mode (strip 128KB, Read Caching enabled, Write Caching disabled) with 2 HDD, CPUTYPE=opteron, CFLAGS= -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe, CXXFLAGS+=... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Success_Tree
0 Replies

3. Linux

Kernel internals for ARM

Hi, Does anybody have a good pointer on Linux kernel internals for ARM architecture? I can locate plenty for x86 but since ARM is RISC I think there would be subtle changes. So if somebody has a knowledge of good document on Linux Kernel internals for ARM or even a comparative study of kernel on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rakesh Ranjan
0 Replies

4. BSD

FreeBSD - Kernel Queries/Issues

All, I am a bit of a BSD newbie and haven't really played with it for years, but I have had a recent situation whereby someone attempted to load a custom kernel module and ended up breaking my BSD server. I managed to fix it by doing the following: Booting into loader mode: unload set... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: drbabbers
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to read freebsd kernel source?

I got the freebsd kernel source from the first install CD(in directory:\7.0-RELEASE\src\),isn't right? if so,how can i read it? Is there any tools? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zhouq3132
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to read freebsd kernel source?

I got the freebsd kernel source from the first install CD(in directory:\7.0-RELEASE\src\),isn't right? if so,how can i read it? Is there any tools? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zhouq3132
1 Replies

7. BSD

Need help on Kernel Configuration for FreeBSD

Does anyone know how to enter the Kernel Configuration program in FreeBSD before installation to resolve conflicts of hardware?:confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Enoch Chan
3 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question