Unable to find library libncurses.so.

Operating Systems HP-UX Unable to find library libncurses.so.
# 1  
Old 12-03-2013
Unable to find library libncurses.so.

I'm trying to run a file name remote build which is to build a package on a target server. My target server is HP-UX-itanium 64 bit. When I run the remote build, somehow it cannot find `libncurses.so` or maybe it looks for the `libncurses.so` at some other location. This only happens on HP-UX itanium, while other server like Solaris, HP-UX-mp 32 bit, and other Unix platform can run the file smoothly.

This is the error code:

Code:
  libtool: link: gcc -g -O2 -o test_setpwnam test_setpwnam.o setpwnam.o  -L/usr/local/lib/hpux32 -lncurses -lsec -ldl -lpam -lpthread -Wl,+b -Wl,/usr/local/lib
    /usr/bin/make  check-TESTS
    /usr/lib/hpux32/dld.so: Unable to find library 'libncurses.so'.

I don't know why it keep looking into
Quote:
/usr/lib/hpux32
when I think I have the code look into
Quote:
/usr/local/lib/hpux32
(the libncurses.so is located in that directory).

This is part of the remote build code which I think is related.

Code:
 #!/usr/bin/perl

my $remote_uname = `ssh $USER\@$host uname -a`;
    chomp($remote_uname);
    my $local_uname = `uname -a`;
    chomp($local_uname);
    my $homepath = "/home";
    my $build = "";
    my $configure_param = " --with-ncurses --disable-openssl --disable-thread-support --disable-shared --disable-protoc";
    my $gzip = "gzip";
    my $configure_env = "PATH=\$PATH:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/lib/hpux32 CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include libevent_cv_getaddrinfo=no";
    my $make_env = "PATH=\$PATH:/usr/local/bin";
    my $whoami = "whoami";

} elsif ($remote_uname =~ /^HP-UX/) {
        $build = "cd mypackage-$version/package/hpux && sh ./build.sh";
        $gzip = "/usr/contrib/bin/gzip";
        $configure_param .= " --with-ncurses";
        $configure_env .= " LDFLAGS=\"-L/usr/local/lib/hpux32\""; //aint this the part where I'm suppose to specify the search?
        die "Unknown remote uname [$remote_uname]";
    }

rmake "rm -rf mypackage-${version}*";
    make "scp mypackage-$version.tar.gz $USER\@$host:$homepath/$USER";
    rmake "$gzip -dc mypackage-$version.tar.gz | tar xvf -";
    rmake "cd mypackage-$version && $configure_env ./configure $configure_param && $make_env make && $make_env make check";
    rmake $build;

This is my first time doing debug on perl code, so please excuse me if what I conclude is wrong.
# 2  
Old 12-03-2013
It may be just missing altogether...
Get it from here:
http://hpux.connect.org.uk/hppd/hpux...n/ncurses-5.9/

Good luck
# 3  
Old 12-04-2013
Hi vbe, thanks for the reply. Actually the libncurses.so is already there. Its just that the file is looking at a different directory. When I copy the libncurses.so to the searched directory, the programs work fine. I don't prefer to do things like this. How can I make it to look inside the default location of libncurses.so?
# 4  
Old 12-04-2013
You could try to change the env for this program, loading a profile before execution, with a
Code:
 export SHLIB_PATH=<The path_you_want>:$(cat /etc/SHLIB_PATH)

or whatever LIBPATH it is...
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Can't find path for shared library: libintl.sl

Hello, Any inputs about this one? /usr/lib/dld.sl: Can't find path for shared library: libintl.sl /usr/lib/dld.sl: No such file or directory : Core file for 32-bit PA-RISC application : /tmp/usr/local/bin/git saved to /etc/core.git. ABORT instruction (core dumped) bash-4.0# echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SystemAddict
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

make/Oracle : Unable to find library 'libclntsh.sl.9.0

Hi all, If any of DBA/build experts can help me on solving this issue, it would be of great help: Recently Oracle was upgraded from 9.2.0.6 to 9.2.0.8 version, after this our C/ProC build is is erroring out by giving the following error : 860:/usr/lib/pa20_64/dld.sl: Unable to find library... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shihabvk
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

how could find HP UX application develop library

if I would like to develop application on HP UX ,where can I serarch the library and API ,like develop windows application with MSDN thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alert0919
1 Replies

4. Linux

Plz Help me to find GNU C++ Runtime Library

Hi, I am working with red hat Linux and i want to install one program but I am getting the error This product requires the GNU C++ Runtime Library (libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3) or later. Your system must be upgraded before installation can proceed. So please tell me how can i remove this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
2 Replies

5. HP-UX

ld: Can't find library or mismatched ABI for

I started building a program which connects to MySQL and got: ld: Can't find library or mismatched ABI for -lmysqlclient_r I tried building my own MySQL and use these, and it worked but then it gave me: ld: Can't find library or mismatched ABI for -lrt But librt is a system library (and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: selalerer
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

need libncurses.so

I'm trying to run a program called screen. When I try to execute it, I get this message: (root@megas)/home/root# screen /usr/lib/hpux32/dld.so: Unable to find library 'libncurses.so'. Killed This is an Itanium machine running 11.23. I've done some hunting around, but can't seem to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jim97gst
3 Replies

7. Solaris

libncurses.so.5

I have a small sctipt called dict under my /usr/local/bin. # cat dict #!/usr/bin/ksh -f set word=$1 # lynx is a text-based browser # available free on the web/net. lynx -cfg=/dev/null -dump " http://www.dictionary.com/cgi-bin/dict.pl?term=${word}" | more The PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrs0302
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

configure script can't find a library

I installed libxml2 library from source and it installed itself in /usr/local/lib i added /usr/local/lib to ld.so.conf and ran a ldconfig ( as root ) then i tried to compile tablix-0.0.3 wich does require the installed version of libxml2 i ran ./configure ( as normal user ) and i get the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: progressdll
2 Replies

9. Programming

Can't find curses library

I am writing a c program with the use of the curses but when i tried compiling i get the error that the curses library is not found the header file i included is curses.h and th command i typed is gcc -o chat chat.c -lcurses 1) Is this correct in linux? 2) found a file libncurses.so.5.2 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xenon830
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question