Non-fatal POSTIN scriptlet failure

Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Non-fatal POSTIN scriptlet failure
# 1  
Old 02-12-2015
Hammer & Screwdriver Non-fatal POSTIN scriptlet failure

Hi all,

I am installing a few rpms on a new Redhat 6.4 box and while it downloads from the local repository, I get the following Errors:

Code:
  Installing : ss7-capv2-responder-ece-rda-1.2.7-1.noarch                   1/1Non-fatal POSTIN scriptlet failure in rpm package ss7-capv2-responder-ece-rda-1.2.7-1.noarch

The complete log is:

Code:
Start installing ss7-capv2-responder-ece-rda...
Loaded plugins: product-id, security, subscription-manager
This system is not registered to Red Hat Subscription Management. You can use subscription-manager to register.
Setting up Install Process
Resolving Dependencies
--> Running transaction check
---> Package ss7-capv2-responder-ece-rda.noarch 0:1.2.7-1 will be installed
--> Finished Dependency Resolution

Dependencies Resolved

================================================================================
 Package                        Arch      Version       Repository         Size
================================================================================
Installing:
 ss7-capv2-responder-ece-rda    noarch    1.2.7-1       SUF_repository    2.2 M

Transaction Summary
Install       1 Package(s)

Total download size: 2.2 M
Installed size: 2.9 M
Downloading Packages:
Running rpm_check_debug
Running Transaction Test
Transaction Test Succeeded
Running Transaction
Warning: RPMDB altered outside of yum.

Installing : ss7-capv2-responder-ece-rda-1.2.7-1.noarch                   1/1Non-fatal POSTIN scriptlet failure in rpm package ss7-capv2-responder-ece-rda-1.2.7-1.noarch

(1/5) install success: deploy component resource 'Capv2 Responder AdminObject' [33,027 ms]
(2/5) install success: activate component resource 'Capv2 Responder AdminObject' [336 ms]
(3/5) install success: initialize component resource 'Capv2 Responder AdminObject' [500 ms]
(4/5) install success: deploy component interface 'Capv2 Responder App' [12,108 ms]
[1m(5/5) install fail: activate component interface 'Capv2 Responder App' [145,934 ms][0m
(4/5) install roll-back success: deploy component interface 'Capv2 Responder App' [7,676 ms]
(3/5) install roll-back success: initialize component resource 'Capv2 Responder AdminObject' [384 ms]
(2/5) install roll-back success: activate component resource 'Capv2 Responder AdminObject' [507 ms]
(1/5) install roll-back success: deploy component resource 'Capv2 Responder AdminObject' [26,033 ms]
ERROR
    See /opt/company/components/clm-install-ss7-capv2-responder-bundle-PREPROD-ECE-SC-01-2015Feb11-171735-375413889.log for debug information
warning: %post(ss7-capv2-responder-ece-rda-1.2.7-1.noarch) scriptlet failed, exit status 255

Verifying  : ss7-capv2-responder-ece-rda-1.2.7-1.noarch                   1/1 

Installed:
  ss7-capv2-responder-ece-rda.noarch 0:1.2.7-1                                  

Complete!
ERROR
Error during the installation of ss7-capv2-responder-ece-rda: There were 1 errors, see also the top of the log for this SUF task

This is happening with other RPM packages. Any idea why this happens ?
# 2  
Old 02-12-2015
Hello Junaid,

Could you please refer following link for same, hope it may help you.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Commo...during_updates

Quote:
RPM scriptlets fail during updates
link to this item - Bugzilla: #1054350
Fix released
This issue was resolved by selinux-policy-3.12.1-117.fc20 an update to SELinux policy. It however requires the following workaround if you updated to selinux-policy-3.12.1-116.fc20 which contained the bug. If you have a previous version installed, you are not affected and can simply update to the new version without issue.A bug in SELinux policy introduced via an update causes RPM scriptlets to fail to execute in Fedora 20 if SELinux is enabled and is in enforcing mode which is the default in Fedora 20.

Sample output:
warning: %post(libkcompactdisc-4.12.1-1.fc20.x86_64) scriptlet failed, exit status 127
Non-fatal POSTIN scriptlet failure in rpm package libkcompactdisc-4.12.1-1.fc20.x86_64
To resolve such problems, run the following commands as root user or using sudo. The first command disables SELinux enforcement for the current session and the subsequent commands expire the yum caching and gets the SELinux policy update which fixes this issue and the last command enables SELinux enforcement back.
# setenforce 0
# yum clean expire-cache
# yum update selinux-policy\*
# setenforce 1
If you install any packages which failed with scriptlet errors before doing the above procedure, reinstall them using yum reinstall
<package name>. If you are unsure of the package names, you can use yum history list to find out the number of the transaction and use yum history undo <transaction number> and then use yum history redo <transaction number> to reinstall the packages.
Fedora SELinux maintainers have a policy of only loosening the policy and typically never tightening it on updates precisely to avoid such kind of problems, however a policy inclusion meant for Rawhide, the development version of Fedora was accidentally included in this release. Fedora SELinux maintainers will be setting up a much higher karma requirement for new updates to avoid similar problems in the future.
NOTE: Please go through the link completly, before doing in LIVE environment make sure you had read them carefully.

Thanks,
R. Singh
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

PHP Fatal Errors During SSL Cert Management - PHP Fatal error: xc_fcntl_mutex failed

Today, I noticed some errors in our SSL cert renewal log files, mostly related to domains where the IP address had changed. Concerned about this, rebuilt out SSL cert, which normally goes well without a hiccup. However, for today, for some reason which I cannot explain, there was a PHP error... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

boot up failure unix sco after power failure

hi power went out. next day unix sco wont boot up error code 303. any help appreciated as we are clueless. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredthayer
11 Replies

3. AIX

dbx fatal error

Background ------------- Os: IBM AIXL 5.1 (Unix) Problem ------------- I run the dbx in csh as follows % dbx mainprog -- The following is the systemm replay Type 'help' for help. reading symbolic information ...warning: stab entry unrecognized: name ,type 45, class a8, value 0' ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skfn1203
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

fatal: record too large

while running a script to process a file , it ended in termination . I able to find from the logs that it ended due to the error : fatal: record too large 20480 . Then I tried lots to fix the issue and left in vain . Can any one help me in finding reason for it ? . If you provide me a solution , I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sakthifire
1 Replies

5. Programming

ld: fatal error

i am trying to compile my program using a makefile and i keep getting this message: Undefined first referenced symbol in file main /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.9/3.3/crt1.o ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to prog5 collect2: ld returned 1 exit status ***... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: betterdayz
2 Replies

6. Programming

Fatal Error

Hi, I just pulled out my code from source control, then I compiled, the compilation is successful at that time. Then I modified one of the source file, Then I compiled, I got the following error ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to ../../CM/bin/cato Before... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sarwan
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Glance Fatal Error

Hi , I a stuck with this problem. I am trying to execute this script1 on SERVER 1 from SERVER 2 using script2 script1 on SERVER 1 #!/usr/bin/ksh /opt/perf/bin/glance -f -adviser_only -iterations 2 -maxpages 2 > /home/user/scripts/glance.op cpuval1=`grep ^CPU... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie07
4 Replies

8. Programming

ld: fatal error

dear all , iam trying to compile a progam using gcc compiler on a sun 280 R machine running solaris 9 . iam getting an error in the last step when the compiler tries to link the objects , although the compiler executes some applicarions that contains no objects smoothly, the error that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ppass
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

fatal: xmalloc: out of memory

Hi! I was just checking the logs (syslog.dated/date/daemon.log) and came across the following.... Feb 9 06:00:32 xxxx sshd: fatal: xmalloc: out of memory (allocating 0 bytes) xxxx=(hostname) sshd--> It's the secure shell daemon We have 400 free pages (page size=8192) and no paging... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdharmap
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question