Unable to enable SeLinux on RHEL 7

Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unable to enable SeLinux on RHEL 7
# 1  
Old 09-03-2014
Unable to enable SeLinux on RHEL 7

I worked all night on creating an RHEL 7 template customized for our private cloud and almost had it ready. While doing the final part, enabling GDM, I made the blunder of disabling SELINUX. Now I am not able to re-enable or put into permissive mode again. Earlier, when this happened on RHEL 6 (maybe 2 years ago) I remember a restart cleared the issue but now it isn't. I had reinstalled the selinux-targeted-policy RPM and updated GRUB but SELINUX still stands disabled.

GDM would not work when SELINUX is disabled. Could someone please help me out here?

Also, I would like to share my excitement about RHEL 7 here. The booting time is very less.. the machine is coming back online in a matter of 6 seconds after I issue 'init 6' Smilie
# 2  
Old 09-04-2014
Hmm, how often do you plan to reboot your servers?
# 3  
Old 09-04-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by achenle
Hmm, how often do you plan to reboot your servers?
If you are asking if I had restarted my machine to get rid of the SELINUX disability persistence, I did restart everytime for the changes on /etc/selinux/config file & 'setenforce' command to take effect.
# 4  
Old 09-04-2014
What is the contents of /etc/selinux/config?

Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to authenticate in LDAP RHEL 6.0

Hi there, I run a lab of around 20 systems. I have setup my LDAP server and LDAP clients. But when I try to log on to other cleint machines from a client machine, the error shows that "Permission Denied". On the other hand, if I login onto server from any client machine, the communication takes... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ankur Goyal
1 Replies

2. Red Hat

RHEL 6, Spacewalk 2.3 unable to download RHEL 5 repo data

Hello all, I am having a bit of an issue on my Spacewalk installation. Some amplifying information is that it is Spacewalk 2.3 installed on a RHEL 6 machine and I am attempting to install/update a RHEL 5 channel/repository. I am fairly new to Spacewalk so I am still learning but this is what I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jstone4646
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to install sybase on RHEL 5

Hello Friends, I am trying to install ASE 15.7 on RHEL 5 through VMWARE. I added the user sybase, group sybase and followed the initial checks However while trying to run the "./setup" file from the sybase user account, I get the below error: -bash : ./setup Permission Denied I have created... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinay_poojary83
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

Unable to detect HP backup tapes in RHEL 6.2

Hi All, We connected 2 new tape drives to the servers. I am not able to see both HP tape drives in OS level. I am using RHEL 6.2 OS. I have scanned and rebooted the server but still can't able to find the drives. Thanks in advance..!!!! ---------- Post updated 10-22-13 at 05:07 PM... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Navkreddy
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Unable to enable ncp

Hi, can You please advise why I cannot enable ncp below, in Solaris 11? netcfg> create loc huamin.com Created loc 'huamin.com'. Walking properties ... activation-mode (manual) > conditional-all conditions> ncp huamin.com.ncp is active nameservices (dns) > dns,nis nameservices-config-file... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: HuaMin
21 Replies

6. Red Hat

Unable to change user role using SELinux

Initial SELinux context for user hitendra $ id -Z unconfined_u:unconfined_r:unconfined_t:s0-s0:c0.c1023 I changed the role # semanage login -a -s user_u hitendra # Then I logged in again # su - hitendra $ id -Z unconfined_u:unconfined_r:unconfined_t:s0-s0:c0.c1023 $ But I don't... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hiten.r.chauhan
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Unable To Activate Ethernet Network Device in RHEL 5.5 - e100 device eth0 does not seem to be presen

Hi All, Could anyone please help to resolve the below problem. I installed RHEL5.5 in my desktop.But when i try to activate the ethernet connection then it gives me the error. I spent 2 days for the above and go through with several suggestion found by googling. But no luck. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanmoy
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

RHEL: Users unable to login via SSH

removing the post (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: titanic4u
6 Replies

9. Red Hat

How to enable and test the rsh and rcp in RHEL 5.3?

Hello, Can you help me on how to activate the rsh and rcp services. And also how do i test it after i have enable it Thanks. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shtobias
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unable to login to zone after enable BSM

hi i am not able to the zones after i enable BSM, but i am able to login using "zlogin -S" option. is there any command which i can use to troubleshoot. thanks a lot! :cool: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: legato
0 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question