SCP command through ITIM does not work

Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting SCP command through ITIM does not work
# 1  
Old 04-02-2010
SCP command through ITIM does not work

Hi,

We have two Linux box (Machine A and Machine B). Standalone application(ITIM) running on Machine A. Target file to copy is available on Machine B.

SSH Handshaking done between Machine A and Machine B using normal user "ssh".

Standalone application running on Machine A under user "root".

Standalone application on Machine A invokes SCP command to copy the file from Machine B to Machine A. The SCP command executes successfully but file is not copied to Machine A. Message returned by SCP command is
"THIS IS A PRIVATE COMPUTER SYSTEM ---USAGE MAY BE MONITORED AND UNAUTHORIZED ACCESSOR USE MAY RESULT IN CRIMINAL OR CIVIL PROSECUTIONPermission denied, please try again.Permission denied, please try again.Permission denied (publickey,password,keyboard-interactive)."

If I manually login to Machine A and execute same SCP command I am able to copy file without any issues.

Any pointer on why invoking SCP command through standalone application give above message and file is not copied?

Thanks in Advance!
Regards,
Satish
# 2  
Old 04-02-2010
Are you sure you are connecting to the same machine each time?
# 3  
Old 04-04-2010
Yes, I am sure that Machine A invokes command to copy remote file from Machine B. The Machine B name/ip is configured in our properties file, so there is no change that Machine A tries to copy file other than from Mahcine B.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

scp Command

I need a scp command that will connect remote server and find current date & last three days log files and bring them to local machine..Remote server is AIX and local machine is RHEL 6.3. I write below but its not working scp / @IP:/logs/ '{find . -mtime -2 -name "*.LOG"}' (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: micle
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

scp command

Hi, Is there any way by which scp shall not prompt for a password? When ever i fire scp command it should automatically move the files to the mentioned location without prompting for the password. Is it possible?:confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arijitsaha
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help with scp command

Can someone please help me with what is wrong with this command? scp oracle@hrkpd124:/u01/app/oracle/rdbms/admin/dpoo.html root@hrkpmgmt:/export my intention is to copy the file dopp.html from the server hrkpd124 to the server hrkpmgmt but i am getting the error... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dollypee
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in using scp command

Hi all, I want to copy files from unix server to another unix server with out any password. Can some one please explain me the steps involved in achieving this with the actual commands and the sequence of commands i details. I tried my luck ith below procedure but it was not working. #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: p2winzip
1 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

scp command

if i use scp command to copy a file from one server another server it is asking password of the server from where the file being copied. i am automating some reports.. i need the file to be copied without asking the password. can any help me out??? thanks in advance, Arun Manas (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arunmanas
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How does solaris recursive scp work?

How does recursive scp work? By recursive I think it should follow all the directories and copy all the matching files. It doesn't work like what I would expect. Here is a simple example that shows scp -r does not go into the subdirectories "one" and "two": $ ls one two zero.txt $ ls one... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mattx10
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

scp : recursive copy doesn't work

Hi I have a problem with scp command : I try to copy a list of files from source to destination, it works fine but if there is a directory not existing on destination, it doesn't automatic create. Syntax : scp -rp /<PATH>/<NEW_DIR>/<FILE> <USER_DEST>@<HOST_DEST>:<PATH>/<NEW_DIR>/<FILE>... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: madmat
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

scp command

I want to know how can i use scp command in the reverse fashion meaning i have two machines server1 and server2 I have files in server1 that i need to copy to server2 But i do not have write permissions on server2 although i have read permissions on server1 is there a way i can go... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bn_unx
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCP command

Hello, Let's say I have the command line: scp -r /home/Mohit/Switches mkakkar@softmon:/home/mkakkar/ If I put a "/" after the Switches such that I get: scp -r /home/Mohit/Switches/ mkakkar@softmon:/home/mkakkar/ How does the behaviour change? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mojoman
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help on SCP command

Total unix newbie needs help:Need to SCP files to a WINDOWS NT server,but giving me some problems: REPOSITORY=/usr/psoft/fs600srv/reports/HR /usr/local/bin/scp -p -a $REPOSITORY/HR.glpccd*.unl Administrator@10.84.124.6:/Temp When I execute the script, it is giving me this error. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: starla0316
3 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question