How to search multiple strings in a file

Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to search multiple strings in a file
# 1  
Old 09-19-2008
How to search multiple strings in a file

Hi All,

I want to search all the ksh scripts that has following details.
1. Search for "exit 0"
2. Search for "sqlldr" or sqlplus"
3. In the above files i want to search for all the script that has no "case" in it.

Please advice.

Thanks,
Deep
# 2  
Old 09-19-2008
Try this:

Code:
grep -l 'exit 0' *.ksh | xargs grep -El 'sql(ldr|plus)' | while read file
do
    grep -q case $file || echo $file
done

Or this:

Code:
for f in *.ksh
do
    awk '/exit 0/ {e=1} /sql(ldr|plus)/ { s=1 } /case/ { c=1 } END { if (e && s && !c) { print FILENAME } }' $f
done

# 3  
Old 09-19-2008
Thanks a lot Annihilannic.
I will test this.

Regards,
Deepak
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to pass strings from a list of strings from another file and create multiple files?

Hello Everyone , Iam a newbie to shell programming and iam reaching out if anyone can help in this :- I have two files 1) Insert.txt 2) partition_list.txt insert.txt looks like this :- insert into emp1 partition (partition_name) (a1, b2, c4, s6, d8) select a1, b2, c4, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nubie2linux
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search between two strings for multiple occurances

i search between two strings viz <app-deployment> & </app-deployment> and save the contents in a new file using the code snippet below. sed -n "/<app-deployment/,/<\/app-deployment>/p" deploy.tmp >found1.tmpBut if the search string apprears more than once in the file then how can i store the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple search strings replaced with single string

Hi, I need someone's help in writing correct perl code. I implemented following code for "multiple search strings replaced with single string". ========================================================= #!/usr/bin/perl my $searchStr = 'register_inst\.write_t\(' |... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chettyravi
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Whether we can search multiple strings using or in grep -F

Hi, Whether we can search multiple strings using or in grep -F In Generally, grep -F "string1" "filename.txt" How to search for multiple string using grep -F as we using grep grep "string1\|string2" "filename.txt" Regards, Nanthagopal A (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: nanthagopal
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search & Replace: Multiple Strings / Multiple Files

I have a list of files all over a file system e.g. /home/1/foo/bar.x /www/sites/moose/foo.txtI'm looking for strings in these files and want to replace each occurrence with a replacement string, e.g. if I find: '#@!^\&@ in any of the files I want to replace it with: 655#@11, etc. There... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: spacegoose
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search multiple Strings in a File

Hi I want to search multiple strings in a file . But the search should start with "From" Keyword and end with before "Where" keyword. Please suggest me. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sboss
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search multiple strings on a file and copy the string next to it

I tried awk for this, but failed <or my code is not correct? I dont know>. Can anyone help me on this? ---------- Post updated at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous update was at 08:29 PM ---------- my working file looks like this: <empty> <empty> <empty> NAME :ABC AGE :15 GENDER... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingpeejay
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for multiple strings in specific position

Hi, I need to search for some strings in specific positions in a file. If the strings: "foo1", "foo2" or "foo3" is on position 266 or position 288 in a file i want the whole line printed. Any idea how to do it? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: HugoH
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search for multiple strings and mail accordingly

Hi, I need to find if there is any error in the last few lines of the log file and send a mail accordingly.For example, Following errors can be logged in the log file. ERR_1="DB Connection not established" ERR_2="Server Unloading" I need to find if these errors are found in the log file and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: AnneAnne
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem to search multiple strings

Hi all, I am search a string from a file using following command, I want to pick the message ( I.e print $5) from the lookup file if and only if both $hostname and $instancename match. Message=`cat $lookup_tbl| awk '/'$category'/ {if ('$hostname' == '$2' || '$instancename' == '$3') print $5}'`... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhish
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question