sharing a unified dbaseIII file between 4 SCO boxes

Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users sharing a unified dbaseIII file between 4 SCO boxes
# 1  
Old 08-07-2004
sharing a unified dbaseIII file between 4 SCO boxes

Hi,

I have an application which must use a unified database, the application will run on 4 SCO boxes, so the database will be in one of them and the application in the other 3 servers will access this database on the host machine. This is as a file sharing application in windows. I know this can be done using NFS/NIS in Unix. I just need a hint how/where to start.

man nfs - man nis ; both gave some info, but not helpful for my level. Any hints? A hint would be enough as I like to DIG my head to learn better.

An no this is not a homework, it is a jobwork, and i am new to unix. thanks.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a script to scp a file to multiple boxes

Hello All, I am new to scripting and I am trying to write a script which can scp a file from one box to multiple boxes. I am thinking to do like this. 1) create a file with list of all server names 2)write a script which will pick up each server line by line from server list and copy it to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sintilash
1 Replies

2. Red Hat

Public file sharing on redhat

Hello, I want to share my folder on redhat like 192.168.x.x\share But I can't use 3rd party packets/application or something like that. And I want to see shared folder on windows2003 server command with \\192.168.x.x\share. Basicly I need to know what should I do step by step. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: getrue
13 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file sharing

Hello all, Just curious. I have several unix echo commands(echo Y > file.txt) running in parallel(each directs a value of 'Y' to the same file). What happens if 2 echo's collide(trying to the write to the same file at the same time)? Not sure how unix deals with this. Thanks ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: robert4732
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Storedge D1000 sharing disks between two boxes

Hello, I have a d1000, it's connected to two servers, I want both servers to see all disks in the array. i.e. i have 6 disks, 3 in each side, I want both servers to see all 6 disks. It appears to be setup in a split bus mode now, ive looked thru the manuals and have become confused! So,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File sharing

I'm not sur how Im a new user (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris1982
6 Replies

6. IP Networking

sharing of IP address for load sharing avoiding virtual server & redirection machine

I have RedHat 9.0 installed on three of my servers (PIII - 233MHz) and want that they share a common IP address so that any request made reaches each of the servers. Can anyone suggest how should I setup my LAN. I'm new to networking in Linux so please elaborate and would be thankful for a timely... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rakesh Ranjan
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

file sharing

i want to share some file to some user of my group(there are many users in a perticular group). So how should i do that?And i m not a super user. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yogesh_powar
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file sharing

my computer and the rest of my network run Mac OS X , and i was wondering how or if your can transfer files from other computers with the Terminal. i also wanna know where i can download a free UNIX version and more on the sudo command (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pyrohotdog
2 Replies

9. Programming

text boxes, radio buttons , check boxes in c++ on unix

Hi ! Please tell me how to get radio buttons, text boxes , check boxes , option buttons , pull down menus in C++ on Unix. I think it would be done using curses.h ..but that's all i know. TIA, Devyani. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: devy8
3 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question
UBT(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    UBT(4)

NAME
ubt -- USB Bluetooth driver SYNOPSIS
ubt* at uhub? port ? configuration ? interface ? DESCRIPTION
The ubt driver provides support for USB Bluetooth dongles to the Bluetooth protocol stack. USB Bluetooth dongles provide two interfaces, both of which the ubt driver claims. The second interface is used for Isochronous data and will have several alternate configurations regarding bandwidth consumption, which can be set using the hw.ubtN.config sysctl(8) variable. The number of alternate configurations is indicated by the value in the hw.ubtN.alt_config variable, and the isoc frame size for the current configuration is shown in the hw.ubtN.sco_rxsize and hw.ubtN.sco_txsize variables. By default, configuration 0 is selected, which means that no bandwidth is used on the Isochronous interface and no SCO data can be sent. Consult the Bluetooth USB specification at https://www.bluetooth.org/ for complete instructions on setting bandwidth consumption. The fol- lowing extract may be useful as a general guidance though details may differ between manufacturers. 0 No active voice channels 1 One voice channel with 8-bit encoding 2 Two voice channels with 8-bit encoding, or one voice channel with 16-bit encoding. 3 Three voice channels with 8-bit encoding 4 Two voice channels with 16-bit encoding 5 Three voice channels with 16-bit encoding SEE ALSO
bluetooth(4), uhub(4), sysctl(8) HISTORY
This ubt device driver was originally a character device written by David Sainty and Lennart Augustsson. It was rewritten to support socket based Bluetooth access for NetBSD 4.0 by Iain Hibbert. CAVEATS
Isochronous data is seemingly not well supported over USB in the current system and to get SCO working, you may have to calculate the SCO packet size that the stack will use. This is the sco_mtu value reported by the btconfig(8) command, and when combined with the SCO header (3 bytes) should fit exactly into an integer number of Isochronous data frames where the frame size is indicated by the 'hw.ubtN.sco_txsize' sysctl variable. For example: I want one voice channel (which is all that is supported, for now) so am using configuration #2, with a frame length of 17 bytes. This gives possible values of: (17 * 1) - 3 = 14 (17 * 2) - 3 = 31 (17 * 3) - 3 = 48 (17 * 4) - 3 = 65 (17 * 5) - 3 = 82 etc. btconfig(8) shows the maximum SCO payload as 64 bytes, so I am using the next smaller size of 48, to minimize the overhead of the 3 header bytes. The SCO packet size can be changed using the 'scomtu' option to btconfig(8). The failure mode is that the USB Bluetooth dongle locks up though generally removal/reinsertion will clear the problem. BUGS
The Isochronous configuration can only be changed when the device is not marked up. BSD
August 27, 2006 BSD