Creating a monitoring alarm every hour in UNIX

Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Creating a monitoring alarm every hour in UNIX
# 1  
Old 07-27-2014
Creating a monitoring alarm every hour in UNIX

Hi,

I need to create a monitoring alarm script which would check if the log file has been updated in the last one hour or not.

I tried using -cmin however, one environment supports it where as the other does not.

I would really need some help here!!!
# 2  
Old 07-27-2014
Did you consider the umpteen threads in these fora that cover your problem?
# 3  
Old 07-29-2014
Welcome Ritu245,
I have a few to questions pose in response first:-
  • Is this homework/assignment? There are specific forums for these.
  • What have you tried so far?
  • What output/errors do you get?
  • What OS and version are you using?
  • What are your preferred tools? (C, shell, perl, awk, etc.)
  • What logical process have you considered? (to help steer us to follow what you are trying to achieve)
Most importantly, What have you tried so far? Mentioning a single flag of an unnamed command with no errors/output is a bit difficult to work with and you don't tell us about the OS and versions you are working with.

There are probably many ways to achieve most tasks, so giving us an idea of your style and thoughts will help us guide you to an answer most suitable to you so you can adjust it to suit your needs in future.

We're all here to learn and getting the relevant information will help us all.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Disk usage monitoring and record the disk used in last 24 hour

HI I am Trying to edit the below code to send email every day with difference of disk utilized in for last 24 hours but instead getting same usage everyday. can you please help me to point out where my calculation is going wrong. Thank you. ================= #!/bin/bash TODAY="at $(date... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mi4304
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Modify hour crontab UNIX

Hello, I wish to modify the day of launch of a "batch" in the crontab on several servers with awk or sed. Can you help me ? Beforehand thank you 00 18 * * 1 /box/Pra/bin/systeme_reverse.ksh -s >/dev/null 2>&1 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: khalidou13
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HP UNIX: How to find files which are older than one hour.

HP Unix Version: HP-UX B.11.31 U ia64 Question I look for script or command to find files which are older than one hour. Tried below; # set the file time to 1 hours ago touch -t 201307160700 ./touchfile find /app/grid/product/11.2.0.3/rdbms/audit -name '*.aud' -type f ! -newer... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siva SQL
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert 24 hour time to 12 hour timing?

Hi friends, I want to convert 24 hour timing to 12 hour please help me... my data file looks like this.. 13-Nov-2011 13:27:36 15.32044 72.68502 13-Nov-2011 12:08:31 15.31291 72.69807 16-Nov-2011 01:16:54 15.30844 72.74028 15-Nov-2011 20:09:25 15.35096 ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: nex_asp
13 Replies

5. Infrastructure Monitoring

Unix system monitoring

Hi, I am relatively new to Unix. Today I have attended an interview and they asked me below questions (a)How do you monitor Unix system? (b)How do you know every thing is working fine? (c)How do you know if there are any bottle necks? (d)How do you know if any process is hanging and draining... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: krdblc
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Script for getting date and validating just Hour

Hi, Can someone guide me to write a unix script for getting a hour out of a date command and validating hour to see if its > 7 and < 16. if hours is >7 and <16 then assign a variable value of 0730 and if hour is >16 then assign a variable value of 1630? Help appreciated. Thanks in advance.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: zulfikarmd
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

raise an alarm in Unix

Hi members, I am working in WebSphere in Unix environment. we are working with 500 odd servers and most of the times processes got down. Can i have any shell script through whih some popup with alarm get raised whenever some server get down. kindly help.. Thanks Rishi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rishi.madan
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

an hour less in 24 hour system

My program: __________________________________ #!/bin/ksh DAY=`date +%y%m%d` H=`date +%H` M=`date +%M` day=`date +%m/%d/%y` let h=$H-1 echo DAY $DAY echo H $H echo M $M echo day $day echo h $h _____________________________________ My result: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobo
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help: Unix Monitoring Script

guys, i am creating a script to monitor our sun solaris unix server and email me the result of the script. currently, i am using the prtdiag -v command in the script to diagnose the hardware specs of the server. any suggestions on what else could i add like disk monitoring (using df)... ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maztahvoodoo
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question