I need a free firewall besides zone alarm for XP PRO

Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions I need a free firewall besides zone alarm for XP PRO
# 1  
Old 08-23-2004
I need a free firewall besides zone alarm for XP PRO

Please help. Reply and tell me if you find one. Lots of thanks!

Computek
computek
# 2  
Old 08-23-2004
About the best firewall for a Windows machine is to sit it behind a properly firewalled and configured Linux gateway!

You could try the built in Windows Firewall with XP - which has been "enhanced" in SP2.

But you know microsoft, they'll release a firewall patch next month, and then a patch to the firewall patch, and then a patch for the patched firewall patch, etc, etc.

cheers
ZB
# 3  
Old 08-24-2004
Re: I need a free firewall besides zone alarm for XP PRO

Quote:
Originally posted by computek
Please help. Reply and tell me if you find one. Lots of thanks!

Computek
What's wrong with zone alarm? I think zone alarm is great for XP.......

Inquiring minds want to know... Smilie
# 4  
Old 08-24-2004
Try this

http://smb.sygate.com/download_buy.htm

There is a free version to download.

Also you can try the below list of software.

602LAN Suite 2004.0.04.0723
Enigma Firewall 1.1

I don't see anything wrong with Zone alarm though. it's free it's does the job.

Anyway hope one of those help.
# 5  
Old 08-27-2004
Have tried the firewall from System Suite? I don't know if it was free, due to the fact that a friend of mine hangs out at Wal-Mart and is a accomplished shoplifter, but it will keep everything out.
# 6  
Old 08-27-2004
hehe please refrain from posting about your (or your friends) adventures in law breaking.
# 7  
Old 08-27-2004
Sorry about that.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris 10: I forgot to detach a zone before zpool export. Uninstall zone?

Dear all, recently, I migrated a solaris zone from one host to another. The zone was inside of a zpool. The zpool cotains two volumes. I did the following: host1: $ zlogin zone1 shutdown -y -g0 -i0 #Zone status changes from running to installed $ zpool export zone1 host2: $ zpool... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: custos
2 Replies

2. Solaris

showing 2 different time zones in global zone and nonglobal zone

can some one help me out as it is showing 2 different time zones in global zone and nonglobal zone .In global zone it is showing in GMT while in nonglobal zone i it showing as PDT. System in running with solaris 10 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravijanjanam12
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Zone failes to boot due to mount issue, dir exists in zone.

I have two physical servers, with zones that mount local storage. We were using "raw device" in the zonecfg to point to a metadevice on the global zone (it was not mounted in the global zone at any point). It failed to mount on every boot because the directory existed in the zone. I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
6 Replies

4. Solaris

Memory usage, free and used, using sar, top and vmstat in Solaris zone/container

Hi all, I have a server running an Oracle database that is part of a Solaris M5000 container. Presumably this is referred to as a zone within a cluster, not sure if I get the terminology right. Anyway, a third-party manages the zone and unfortunately is not "helpful/friendly" to assist me on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

zone transfer - free site

Dear all, Did anyone in this forum know site that offer free DNS zone transfer? if anyon know, please reply my message. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: unknown2205
0 Replies

6. HP-UX

Looking for a free Pro C compiler

Hi does anybody know where I could get a free HP Unix Pro C Compiler? any website? Thanks for your help Dany (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dany
3 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

XP PRO: good firewall

Can someone please recommend a good firewall for xp pro? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: perleo
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

domain logon problem - FreeBSD PDC w/ win2k pro and winxp pro

this is the seventh problem i'm having with samba. for some reason, i cannot logon to the domain. i've created user accounts... and i was able to establish a connection between the samba server (my PDC) and my workstations by logging in as "root." however now when i try to logon it gives... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
5 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question