raise an alarm in Unix

Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting raise an alarm in Unix
# 1  
Old 04-08-2009
raise an alarm in Unix

Hi members, I am working in WebSphere in Unix environment. we are working with 500 odd servers and most of the times processes got down. Can i have any shell script through whih some popup with alarm get raised whenever some server get down. kindly help.. Thanks Rishi
# 2  
Old 04-08-2009
why don't you try something linke Nagios
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Calculate e raise to the power in awk | UNIX

Input data: I'd like to calculate using value in second column. The value needs to be created using a formula, that employs exp (that is e raise to the power). awk '{ if(FNR==1){ ##if first line than print as is and add third column print $0,"weight" } else{ if($2<=0.01){... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: genome
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to find the wrong filename in a path and raise a trap for it

Example: I have server name A with an IP : 125.252.235.455 I have an username /password to login into this server under SSH connection In this server i have a path /apps/user/filename(Big.txt) Everyday we used to get the filename as Big.txt. I want a shell script to monitor this path... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChandruBala73
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a monitoring alarm every hour in UNIX

Hi, I need to create a monitoring alarm script which would check if the log file has been updated in the last one hour or not. I tried using -cmin however, one environment supports it where as the other does not. I would really need some help here!!! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ritu245
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to raise a integer by a exponent (while loop)

I am trying to write a script that raises a integer (m) by a exponent (n) using a while loop ex. 5 raised to the power of 2 .. I am a beginner and i dont know what is the opperand or command i have to use to make this happen..this is what i have so far... echo "Enter a integer for the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jibz
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to raise the alarm in the log File

Hi All, Please help to write the script that should raise an alarm if the new logs will not come in the log file. In other words i want to write a script which will monitor the log file continuously and will raise an alarm if the logs will not come after some time suppose 5... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: akhtar.bhat
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

If any file resides for more than an hour in this directory then to raise an alert

Hi If there is a file upload done from a remote server and if the file remains without being extracted for more than an hour, I need to identify the files and create an alert message to the users in the other end. please help me writing a shell script for it. Regards Yazhini (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yazhini.t
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

alarm

Hello I have a server HP ES40 with unix 5.1B, and if i open from Start-Programs-IN Tools-GUI/pfmalarm/Alarm-start monitoring , I receive this error message "IOR : STRING IS TOO LONG ! MAXIMUM SIZE = 1024" Anybody heard about this error? Thanks Alin (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomaalin
0 Replies

8. Programming

[Problem] raise a signal in FreeBSD

I am trying to send a SIGUSR1 to a set of process. Please tell me how to do. I've tried the system call raise(int sig) but it just raise a signal of to the 'current process.' My program is about a network chat server. When a client connects in, The main process will fork a new process... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Namely
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question