Sun Management Center Database

Operating Systems Solaris Sun Management Center Database
# 1  
Old 06-10-2010
Sun Management Center Database

Hi, I have some question regarding the Sun Management Center. Appreciate it if someone can answer:

Conceptual:
- Does the agent store any data on its side, or the entire data is transported to the management server?

- In order to graph a data property, history logging, for that data property, has to be enabled. Does it mean that if history logging is not enabled for a data property, I will not be saved in the database (on the server side).

Technical:
- Over the course of time, the database size will increase, how do we contain it?

Thanks
# 2  
Old 06-10-2010
Java

Hi Mack,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack1982
Hi, I have some question regarding the Sun Management Center. Appreciate it if someone can answer:
Here's an answer posted in the Sun Management Center forum, hope it helps!
# 3  
Old 06-11-2010
Thanks a lot, it really helped
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Sun Ops Center

Hi, Can anyone share the link to download sun ops centre i have sun partner account, but i unable find the link Thanks RJS (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajasekg
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Sun Management Center 4.0

I need to create a managed job to monitor disk space on /tmp for db servers. How do you create a task in SMC to accomplish this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: soupbone38
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Sun xVM Ops Center 1.1

I have 180 Solaris 7, 8 and 9 servers to patch and am looking at using xVM Ops Center. Has anyone here had any experience with it? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mr_crosby
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Sun Management Center installation fails

Hi all I'm trying to install Sun Management Center 4.0 on a fresh installation of Solaris 10 on a Sun 280R server. The installation keeps failing (during the setup process). Below is an extract of the log file (where things start to go wrong): Starting Sun Management Center database... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: soliberus
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question