count, split and thumbnail creation of images

Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users count, split and thumbnail creation of images
# 1  
Old 09-20-2007
count, split and thumbnail creation of images

Hi,

Need to do 3 tasks (independently) on images (.tif and .pdf) by using ksh/bash/perl

- counting number of pages in an image
- splitting the pages of images into separate individual images
- creation of thumbnails

Actually, i'm absolutely clueless about this but thought perl could do for us.

Any help highly appreciated

TIA
Prvn
# 2  
Old 08-14-2008
I too wanted to a similar task.
I've a tif file with many pages and i want to edit the image and then convert to pdf. but in whatever image editor i open it i find only the 1st page of the tif file. How do i edit the rest?? Smilie
If thats not easy i'd like to have some tool which would split the image into individual images so that i can edit them and combine back to a pdf.. Smilie
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split files based on row delimiter count

I have a huge file (around 4-5 GB containing 20 million rows) which has text like: <EOFD>11<EOFD>22<EORD>2<EOFD>2222<EOFD>3333<EORD>3<EOFD>44<EOFD>55<EORD>66<EOFD>888<EOFD>9999<EORD> Actually above is an extracted file from a Sql Server with each field delimited by <EOFD> and each row ends... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: amvip
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - split data based on the count

Greetings Experts, I am generating a validation query through awk and facing an issue, which I need to overcome by splitting the data based on the pattern matching count in the value of an array. File1 -- Table11@column1@date@Table21@column1@varchar(10)@d;... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chill3chee
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Script to find/sort/move images/duplicate images from USB drive

Ultimately, I'm looking to create a script that allows me to plug in a usb drive with lots of jpegs on it & copy them over to a folder on my hard drive. So in the process of copying I am looking to hash check them, record dupes to a file, copy only 1 of the identical files (if it doesn't exsist... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JonaQuinn
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split csv file by line count.

I have a very large csv file that I sort by the data that is in the second column. But what I need to do next is split the file in groups of say around 30,000 lines but don't split the data while there is still like data in the in the second column. Here is some of the data. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GroveTuckey
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Split a column into multiple columns at certain character count

Hey everyone, I have an issue with a client that is passing me a list of values in one column, and occasionally the combination of all the values results in more than an 255 character string. My DB has a 255 character limit, so I am looking to take the column (comma delimited file), and if it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: perekl
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH: Split String into smaller substrings based on count

KSH HP-SOL-Lin Cannot use xAWK I have several strings that are quite long and i want to break them down into smaller substrings. What I have String = "word1 word2 word3 word4 .....wordx" What I want String1="word1 word2" String2="word 3 word4" String3="word4 word5" Stringx="wordx... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitrobass24
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

video thumbnail help

How do you make video thumbnails like this in Linux? The only program I know of that can do this is Media Player Classic. I hope there is a way to do this in Linux. What would these types of thumbnails be called? http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh133/COKEDUDEUSF/barcelona.jpg (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

split file based on group count

Hi, can some one please help me to split the file based on groups. like in the below scenario x indicates the begining of the group and the file should be split each with 2 groups below there are 10 groups it should create 5 files. could you please help? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hitmansilentass
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to split a text after fix character count

HI, I want to split a text after certain fix character count in text. For eg: My file is containing text like: AURBJR,AURCID,AURVID,CHANDV,DAMNEW,DHMMAN,GANGAN,GARKHE,GOREGA,JEJKHA,JEJSHI,JINTUR,JMKKUS,JUNAWA,KALKAL,KHOJEW,KUNJIR,MAGARP,MAHAD, in this i want to print text after each... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikash.rastogi
5 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question