Static code analysis for Perl

Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Static code analysis for Perl
# 1  
Old 05-21-2011
Static code analysis for Perl

As an addition to our ongoing investigation into static code analysis tools for a Perl programming we are maintaining, can anyone recommend a certain tool that he/she is experienced with?
We are already actively using perl::critic (Perl::Critic) and rats (https://www.fortify.com/ssa-elements...ence/rats.html), but results have been unsatisfactorily: suggestions given are too general or too contrived in the code at hand.
We are looking to check our programs for adherence to generally accepted coding practices, input validation checks, spotting dead code and perhaps some performance improvements.
# 2  
Old 05-26-2011
perl-lint? perl -w ?
# 3  
Old 05-27-2011
We invariably have the -w directive on, certainly during testing. Lint is something we are aware of, but haven't used yet and is on our list now. Thank you for the response.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Java static code

HI All I am new to java in below code I am not able to understand the below line of code Student9.change(); the complete code is mentioned as below class Student9{ int rollno; String name; static String college = "ITS"; static void change(){ college = "BBDIT"; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptor
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add static text in perl

I am trying to add a static value to a field in perl. Basically, what happens is a file is created and "null" results in the fields then after some manipulation a field (AB) is split and the text from that is parsed into the desired fields. All that works great what doesn't is the line in bold... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
20 Replies

3. AIX

Code analysis tools for C programs

Hi I need a list of code analysis tools for C programs, that can work on AIX environment such as : dynamic or static code analysis Code Complexity Measures Test Coverage Analyzer Unit tests profiling tools Source code formatter I've found several tools but not compatible with AIX... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SteAlma
0 Replies

4. Programming

Perl- How to catch the file in perl code?

Hi, plz see the below code , i have catch the file "Orders.20110714.out "file as a Orders*.out. but it giving me an error .it does not open the file. if the same thing i have done by code code-> ls Orders*.out then it gives me the output Orders.20110714.out i am trying apply the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pspriyanka
1 Replies

5. Programming

Even the Static cURL Library Isn't Static

I'm writing a program which uses curl to be run on Linux PCs which will be used by a number of different users. I cannot make the users all install curl on their individual machines, so I have tried to link curl in statically, rather than using libcurl.so. I downloaded the source and created a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: BrandonShw
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl: a way to see a sub code in debug mode: perl -de 0 ?

Is there a way to see or print a sub code? Sometime a sub could be already defined, but in the debug mode (so, interactively) it could be already out of screen. So, I would think about a way to check if the sub is defined (just 'defined' is not a problem) and how it is defined. Also, if... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
4 Replies

7. Linux

Could static library include static library?

I have some static library(libxxx.a libyyy.a). And I want to generate my library(libzzz.a), libzzz.a will use libxxx.a and libyyy.a I wan't my application only use libzzz.a, (means libzzz.a had include libxxx.a, libyyy.a), how can I do that? Thank you. example: I have zzz.c. I do ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: freemagic
4 Replies

8. IP Networking

I need HELP to Set up Coyote Linux router with 1 static IP & 64 internal static IP

hello, i need help on setting my coyote linux, i've working on this for last 5 days, can't get it to work. I've been posting this message to coyote forum, and other linux forum, but haven't get any answer yet. Hope someone here can help me...... please see my attached picture first. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dlwoaud
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Analysis of a script

what does this line in a script mean?? I have tried to give it at the command prompt and here is what it returns ksh: /db2home/db2dap1/sqllib/db2profile: not found. . /db2home/db2dap1/sqllib/db2profile i have tried the same thing for my home directory too and the result is the same .... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramky79
5 Replies

10. Programming

Regarding stack analysis

I would like to know how I could do the following : void func(){ int a = 100; b=0; int c = a/b; } void sig_handler (int sig,siginfo_t *info,void *context){ //signal handling function //here I want to access the variables of func() } int main(){ struct sigaction *act =... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpraveen84
7 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question