translate this string

Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting translate this string
# 1  
Old 08-31-2011
translate this string

Hi,
I'm using code below to assign title for Putty Window to show user@hostname+curr directory.
Trying to read this "write only" language, can anybody help me to go thru this string, too many thing in it I can't expaing

Tx
T

Code:
export PROMPT_COMMAND='echo -ne "\033]0;${USER}@${HOSTNAME}: ${PWD}\007"'

Last edited by Franklin52; 08-31-2011 at 05:03 AM.. Reason: Corrected code tags
# 2  
Old 08-31-2011
Take a look at the Linux documentation project's document on xterm title bar mainpulation
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Translate grep to awk

sed -n "2,10p" lfile | egrep error | egrep -vc memory sed -n "2,10p" lfile | egrep error | egrep -v memory sed -n "2,10p" lfile | egrep error | egrep -c memory sed -n "2,10p" lfile | egrep error | egrep memory above are four separate commands. i want to combine the grep in each... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tr--translate is throwing an error

Dear all, I would like to count the no;of word "INFORMATION" in a file called alt.lst and output to a unix variable INFORMATION.so to do this I wrote the below code INFORMATION=echo 'INFORMATION' | tr -cs 'A-Za-z' '\n' < /app/tisq005/01/home/tisq005b/scripts/alt.lst | grep -c "INFORMATION"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kiransagar
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Translate from english to french

Hi, I wrote a script to convert a given word from English to French. But I am not able to figure out what I am missing here. I am not able to get the translated word Below is my script: French=/root/dict/entofr.txt for i in $* do word="echo $word $i" done while: do cat <<... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinky7630
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help translate code

Hi, all of you!!! I have this code and I won to build-in some more code. I know this is a lot of code. if ; then if ; then SYSROOT="$1" S_SCRIPT="cd $1 ; ./etc/rc.sysinit 2>&1 &" fi else ... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: jokerper
22 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

translate timestamp

my file creation timestamp looks like this: Nov 4 15:44:34 EST 2009 i need to translate into 091104 my way is to awk on $1, $2, $5, but i don't know how to tranlate Nov to 11 ---------- Post updated at 03:01 PM ---------- Previous update was at 11:07 AM ---------- i resolved my post... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjmannonline
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

replcement/translate of ' to ''

Hi i have a variable whose value contains '(single quote) i want to replace single quote with two single quotes ex- i want to replace abc's second center with abc''s second center. Plz help me. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bmrout007
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

translate to normal english

lnode * head = temp; (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rickym2626
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

translate rc to string

Hi Maybe you can suggest a nicer way to do the following: RET_STR=$(echo ${RET} | sed -e 's/0/Object is not mapped/' \ -e 's/1/Operation Internal Error/' \ -e 's/2/Operation Invalid Arguments/' \ -e 's/3/Object is mapped/' \ -e 's/4/Path not found/') (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ynir
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to achicve translate in unix

hi, i have file with 4 columns, the first column contains 10 numbers. i want to replace t the numbers (u can say i want to use cryptography). i want to replace 1 with 4, 2 with 5, 3 with 9..... how can i achieve this in unix. :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: javeed7
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can someone help translate this snippet?

Hello all - This snippet from a script runs on a Tru64 machine (ksh). if ps -ef | grep thing1 | grep dtsession | grep -v grep then echo "Killing Thing1 desktop session" kill -9 'ps -ef | grep thing1 | grep dtsession | grep -v grep | awk '{FS = " "}{print $2}'' fi I'm... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Heron
7 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question