xml and c programming for unix

Top Forums Programming xml and c programming for unix
# 1  
Old 08-31-2009
xml and c programming for unix

Does anyone can tell me what is the best way to post a xml request to a web service on C. I am using expat for parsing the response, but until now i build my xml request with a bunch of strcat functions, then connect to the port and send it that way. I am wondering if there are libraries or a command line tool that would make my job easier since the xml requests/response are getting a little bit more complex and longer. If your have any input and samples if possible, i would be very thankfull.
# 2  
Old 08-31-2009
libxml or libxml2 -

here is the tutorial for libxml using C:

Libxml Tutorial
# 3  
Old 09-18-2009
thanks jim; i am using libxml2 and xpath to do handle my replies. It is working ok when the xml file uses the <> charactesr, but in am having an issue when the returned xml has the predefined entities &lt; &gt etc. I am trying to find the function to change from &lg; , &gt; to <> but no success yet; any ideas
# 4  
Old 09-19-2009
If these two predefined entities are in text nodes, they can be handled using DOE (disable output escaping) in XSLT1 or character mapping in XSLT2.

If these two predefined entities are what surround the nodes, you need to perform a serialization step to convert these two entities to < and > before handing off the file/document/stream to your stylesheet transformation engine.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How does unix system administration, unix programming, unix network programming differ?

How does unix system administration, unix programming, unix network programming differ? Please help. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thulasidharan2k
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix programming help

hey guys im trying to create a batch file that makes directories i have this code atm #!/bin/sh echo "Please enter file name:" read Filename echo "enter number of files to be created " read created for (( i = 1; i < &created; 1++ )) do mkdir $Filename$i done assume i enter... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: josh111
7 Replies

3. Programming

Need help in Unix C programming

hey guys. im currently trying to make a program in unix (redhat, compiling the .c file using gcc) and i need urgent urgent help. i need to save objects of structures in a file but they dont seem to be saving properly. ive been on it for a whole day now. dunno why i cant do it. when i try to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjumrani
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

C Programming in Unix

I asked this over on the "High Level Programming Section" but there must be a secret handshake or something that I am missing.....anyway....if a person wanted to start some C programming in UNIX what would be the best compiler to start with ?? I am fairly familiar with visual studio and have done... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zapper222
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Carreer:Networking Programming in Unix (C programming Language)

Hello, I am trying to learn Networking Programming in C in unix enviorment. I want to know how good it is to become a network programmer. i am crazy about Network programming but i also want to opt for the best carreer options. Anybody experienced Network Programmer, please tell me is my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhory2j
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Systems Programming Vs Unix Programming

Several months ago I found a link that explained the difference between how a Unix Systems Admin would do scripting compared to what a Unix Programmer would do. It showed a basic script and then show several iterations that explained how the Systems Admin would change it to make it better. I was... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: BCarlson
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

new to unix programming

hi guys, I m from india. I m working as programmer in one of MNC. Since 3 years im working on Microsoft platform on dot net and platforms. but now i decided to shift my future to unix , Linux side. I want to be the part of this open source family. and with this i want to make my future also.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: d_swapneel14
6 Replies

8. Programming

c programming with xml

Hi all, I am suppose to write a program that will take in a xml file and display the value of each attribute that is in the xml file. i have some code but i didn't know where should some of the file be written. Can some one help me? #include <stdio.h> #include <string.h> #include... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dianazheng
3 Replies

9. Programming

c programming or unix programming!?

i would like advice on the usbject of c programming (in the middle of reading a book on C). could i benefit more if i apply that knowledge in the unix format if i were able to, or would that take the point out of learning C, basically I want to stay away from strying too far away from unix and use... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

programming on unix

can someone tell me some programming commands on unix? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretis
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question