Dynamic sql where contents

Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Dynamic sql where contents
# 1  
Old 05-03-2010
Dynamic sql where contents

Hi all,

I need to add the contents from a file into a sql stament in the where clause.

file1:

id

script should look like :

select name from tab_user tus where tus.id in (1,2,3,10,11..)

any ideas or suggetions will be appreciatte.

Thanks in advance.
# 2  
Old 05-03-2010
Hi
You can try something like this:

Code:
awk 'NR!=1{if (a) a=a","$0;else a=$0;}END{print "select name from tab_user tus where tus.id in (",a,")";}' file1

Thanks
Guru.

Last edited by pludi; 05-03-2010 at 01:40 PM..
# 3  
Old 05-03-2010
Code:
$ for i in `awk 'NR>1 {print $1}' file1`
do
j=$j,$i
done
$ k=`echo $j | cut -c2-`
$ query="select name from tab_user tus where tus.id in ($k)"
$ echo $query
select name from tab_user tus where tus.id in (1,2,3,10,11)
$

# 4  
Old 05-03-2010
Code:
$
$
$ cat f9
id
$
$
$ perl -lne 'push @x, $_ if $.>1;
>            END {print "select name from tab_user tus where tus.id in (",join(",",@x),")"}' f9
select name from tab_user tus where tus.id in (1,2,3,10,11)
$
$

tyler_durden
# 5  
Old 05-03-2010
a bash one

Code:
#!/bin/bash
{   read I
    S="select name from tab_user tus where tus.$I in ("
    while read I; do S+="$I,"; done
    S="${S%,})"
} < file1
echo "$S"

# 6  
Old 05-03-2010
Thank you all, I will have a look at the scripts.

i use the following work-around it does the trick.

cat select.txt list_ids.txt end_query.txt > query.sql

Thank you all
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace sql with dynamic values

Hi Guys, I am using a function to replace the values dynamically to frame sql query by reading a file. My file will have column names like file.txt col_1 col_2 expected output: select id,col_1,col_2 from ( select a.id, a.col_1, rank() over (ORDER BY cast(a.col_1 AS double)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Master_Mind
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing multiple sql queries output into variable by running sql command only once

Hi All, I want to run multiple sql queries and store the data in variable but i want to use sql command only once. Is there a way without running sql command twice and storing.Please advise. Eg : Select 'Query 1 output' from dual; Select 'Query 2 output' from dual; I want to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rokkesh
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

If contents of A are in B then move the common contents to C

Hallo Team, I have 2 .csv files file A has 47600 lines and file B has 67000 lines FILEA SD0o9rb01-1d320ddbcc8d220f572739ebed5f58d1-v300g00 SD8bt0101-a0810bfe0e3396060126ec51b30dac0a-v300g00 SD05sce01-cb056af347ed4651f29eb3c3e9addbd6-v300g00... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kekanap
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request: How to Parse dynamic SQL query to pad extra columns to match the fixed number of columns

Hello All, I have a requirement in which i will be given a sql query as input in a file with dynamic number of columns. For example some times i will get 5 columns, some times 8 columns etc up to 20 columns. So my requirement is to generate a output query which will have 20 columns all the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikas_trl
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Folder contents getting appended as strings while redirecting file contents to a variable

Hi one of the output of the command is as below # sed -n "/CCM-ResourceHealthCheck:/,/---------/{/CCM-ResourceHealthCheck:/d;/---------/d;p;}" Automation.OutputZ$zoneCounter | sed 's/$/<br>/' Resource List : <br> *************************** 1. row ***************************<br> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

6. Linux

Shell Script to generate Dynamic Param file Using SQL Plus Quey

Hi All, Can anyone give me Shell script sample script to generate Param file by Reading Values from SQL Plus query and it should assign those values to variables like.. $$SChema_Name='ORCL' Thanks in Advance... Srav... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sravana Kumar
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic SQL query based on shell script parameters

Hi, I need a script that will run a dynamic Oracle SQL. Dynamic meaning the SQL statement depends on the parameter. For instance, something like this: #!/bin/ksh -x # Set environment . /home/mine/set_vars sqlplus $LOGINID <<! >> /home/mine/log.txt select count(1) from $1 where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: laiko
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sql dynamic table / dynamic inserts

I have a file that reads File (X.txt) Contents of record 1: rdrDESTINATION_ADDRESS (String) "91 971502573813" rdrDESTINATION_IMSI (String) "000000000000000" rdrORIGINATING_ADDRESS (String) "d0 movies" rdrORIGINATING_IMSI (String) "000000000000000" rdrTRAFFIC_EVENT_TIME... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: magedfawzy
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic SQL for where clause

Hi, I have an app which user can query the database based on 4 criteria, that is Field1, Field2, Field3 and Field4 Mya I know how to write a dynamic SQL where I can choose to retrieve data based on their selected value. eg. where Field1=AAA eg. where Field1=AAA and Field2=BBB eg.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TeSP
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic SQl in KSH

My requirement is to create a KSH to generate the SQL select statement in oracle with all the columns and optional where condition if given the table name as input to the program Have any of you worked with a similar requirement? Can you give me some inputs? Regards, Kousikan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kousikan
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question