How to copy files with Arabic name to / from USB fash disk in Solaris10?

Operating Systems Solaris How to copy files with Arabic name to / from USB fash disk in Solaris10?
# 1  
Old 07-22-2011
How to copy files with Arabic name to / from USB fash disk in Solaris10?

Hello dears ,,
Hope everything is fine with you ,,,

I have tried to copy some files with Arabic name from Solaris 10 PC to USB flash disk but I have got the following error message:

Error "Invalid parameter" while copying "<path-of-file>".

- Please see the attached snapshot of the error message -

How can I solve it?

Best Regards.
How to copy files with Arabic name to / from USB fash disk in Solaris10?-screenshot-1jpg
# 2  
Old 07-22-2011
have you tried the commandline? are all locales installed?
This User Gave Thanks to DukeNuke2 For This Post:
# 3  
Old 07-22-2011
Thanks dear DukeNuke2 for fast response ,,,

I have tried to copy the files using GUI not commandline

really I am not sure if all locales are installed ,, could you advice me how to check and install all locales?

Appreciate your support
# 4  
Old 07-22-2011
check the "localeadm" command...
# 5  
Old 07-22-2011
I installed all locales ,,, but the problem still exists.

I can copy files with Arabic name between the local-disk directories properly ,, but I face the copying problem when I try to transfer Arabic files to / from USB flash disk

is this issue related to USB flash disk formatting (FAT32)?
# 6  
Old 07-22-2011
What command did you type to mount the flash drive?
# 7  
Old 07-22-2011
Hi dear methyl

Thanks for joining with us ,,

I'm using GUI, and the flash disk is mounted automatically
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Use 'dd' to copy boot disk to larger target disk

Hi, I'm looking to copy a boot disk on an old Solaris 8 system using dd. I'll bring the system down to single user mode and begin from there. I'm copying my source disk to a larger target disk. Do I need to do anything other than the 'dd' command below because the target disk is bigger? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
2 Replies

2. SuSE

In KDE Copy completed not always mean files were copied to USB flash drive - how to fix it?

I have noticed that when I copy files to flash disk and in UI I see message copy completed in notification area on task bar, usually copy is not completed. So, if I eject the media I loose data. It is very serious problem because may cause loss of valuable and even critical data. Moreover, when... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: netwalker
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unmount USB disk

Hi, How can I unmount an usb disk using the command umount? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Guccio
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is in-core copy and disk-copy of i-node table?

I have found a question from the exercises of my study mat. The question is "Why are there a in-core copy and a disk-copy of i-node block and super block?" If any one know the proper answer then please send me..... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dearanik
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying files unto a usb pendrive/external disk from Solaris 9

Hi all, Can anybody help me with how I can connect a usb pendrive or external disk to a Sun Server which runs on Solaris 9? I am able to connect the usb drive to a windows server easily and copy files but am wondering if it is possible to do that with Solaris. Any help will be appreciated. thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahmantanko
3 Replies

6. SCO

How do I copy files into USB memory stick

SCO Unix ver 5.07 How do I copy files onto an USB memory stick? Is SCO Unix ver 5.07 able to handle USB memory devices? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Schnell
2 Replies

7. SCO

Copy files to a USB stick SCO 5.07?

SCO 5.07: How do I copy files to a USB memory stick? The stick is formatted as a hd and has an active Unix partition using the hole stick for Unix. How do I get acces to the stick? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pschnell
1 Replies

8. Solaris

mounting 1TB hard disk with Solaris10 X86

I have a 1TB hard disk that I had partitioned on a Sun clone and had 7 partitions of 137GB a piece. (Using a USB to SATA adaptor) I then had loaded a new hard disk on my laptop (T60...Lenova) with Solaris 10 X86. I tried to mount the hard disk but it kept telling me the mount point was busy and I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mndavies
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script that can Copy a Range of files from Tape to Hard disk

Hi: I am a trying to write a script using a loop i guess. What I need to do is write a script that can allow my users to load a tape and copy a range of files from a tape to the hard disk. By range I mean, I would like the users to pick a range of numbers like files 3 - 8 and the script will... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: msjazzie
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to copy a usb key

How would I write a script to copy a USB key? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jo calamine
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question