@ symbol at UNIX prompt

Operating Systems HP-UX @ symbol at UNIX prompt
# 1  
Old 12-20-2005
@ symbol at UNIX prompt

Hi,
I am not able to type the symbol '@' on my UNIX prompt.
Do I need to setup any enviornment for this.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks
San
# 2  
Old 12-20-2005
# 3  
Old 11-05-2008
no sir
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Change the % prompt to - prompt in UNIX?

how to Change the % prompt to - prompt in unix :wall: ---------- Post updated at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:38 AM ---------- How To display the last modification time of any file in unix ---------- Post updated at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:40 AM... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manjiri sawant
2 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Can Unix access Windows' File through Command Prompt in Unix

Hi all, I wish to know whether Unix can access window's file in Unix's terminal? Apart from that, how to copy files or share files between Window and Unix? I get to know of secure copy, however, my company's Unix does not support the feature of secure copy? Any other method for me to share/... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jessy83
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix prompt not on a newline

I just experimented with the macbook pro at work and saw that the prompt is on the same line as the result of my commands. How can I fix this -- I forget which variable or whatever handles this. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Straitsfan
1 Replies

4. Solaris

/usr/lib/passwdutil.so.1: symbol __nsl_fgetspent_r: referenced symbol not found

deleteing post (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dshakey
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where to change the UNIX password prompt?

Hi guys, I got these 3 servers: a, b and c which I ssh from a to b/c. a:$ ssh userid@b Password: a:$ ssh userid@c userid@c's password: Notice that the password prompt is different (highlighted in bold) on both servers even though their SUN Solaris version the same, OpenSSH version... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DrivesMeCrazy
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to type the Omega symbol Ω in unix shell script

Hi, I have a data file delimited by Ω symbol, I would like to use this in grep and cut command. but How to type this Omega symbol. Thanks Murugesan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NagaMurugesan
1 Replies

7. Programming

how to view symbol table in unix

hi , How to view the contents of a "c" program symbol table information in unix. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saravanan_nitt
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to reset the unix prompt?

Hi All, How to change the UNIX prompt to the default one, after i changed it using PS1? Thanx and Regards, Saneesh Joseph. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: saneeshjose
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing Unix Prompt

Me again, What is the difficulty to display the full directory Path before my prompt command ? (like DOS) I'm using Solaris 8 + Bash Thanks again Fabien (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclefab
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing the UNIX command prompt

I am having a hard time figuring out how to change the command prompt in my UNIX shell. I am using the bash shell, and I would like to set the prompt to show me the full path of the current working directory along with my username, I suppose... The main thing I want is the full path of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: WERUreo
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question